• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

mecklenburg county

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankeesdood16

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
62
Location
binghamton ny
I am going to charlotte nc this saturday and was going to take my scanner with me. I was trying to look for emergency(police, fire, etc.) frequencies but couldn't find anything good. I got on yahoo and looked around. Do you guys know any good sites? Thanks for your help!
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,069
Location
Raleigh, NC
yankeesdood16 said:
I am going to charlotte nc this saturday and was going to take my scanner with me. I was trying to look for emergency(police, fire, etc.) frequencies but couldn't find anything good. I got on yahoo and looked around. Do you guys know any good sites? Thanks for your help!
Ummmm....how about the database link at the top of the page?
We have everything here at RR.com.....
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1946
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,069
Location
Raleigh, NC
What model scanner?
and Charlotte is on a Motorola Trunked system so you do need a trunktracking scanner to be able to follow conversations....
Marshall KE4ZNR
 

yankeesdood16

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
62
Location
binghamton ny
Its the PRO-2015. I've taken it to tampa florida before and was able to use it with no problem down there with there frequencies. I've had the scanner for a few years. I just thought that I'd try taking it to charlotte knowing that theres a lot more action cause its a bigger area. Thanks again for your help!
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,069
Location
Raleigh, NC
yankeesdood16 said:
Its the PRO-2015. I've taken it to tampa florida before and was able to use it with no problem down there with there frequencies. I've had the scanner for a few years. I just thought that I'd try taking it to charlotte knowing that theres a lot more action cause its a bigger area. Thanks again for your help!
A 2015 is a non-trunktracking scanner....You would need a trunktracking scanner to be able to monitor/follow conversations Charlotte's 800Mhz Trunked System.
Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR
 

yankeesdood16

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
62
Location
binghamton ny
I found a online scanner, I think its just police though. I'm listining to it now. Click on the charlotte link then next and it'll bring it up and then click on the windows media player link. I think its just police though, nothing else.
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,069
Location
Raleigh, NC
yankeesdood16 said:
I found a online scanner, I think its just police though. I'm listining to it now. Click on the charlotte link then next and it'll bring it up and then click on the windows media player link. I think its just police though, nothing else.
Thanks to CarolinasFirePage, Charlotte Fire Dept online feed can be found here:
http://www.carolinasfirepage.com/dispatch.htm
Marshall KE4ZNR, CFP[714]
 

yankeesdood16

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
62
Location
binghamton ny
I went and got a radioshack PRO-94 hand held scanner today that is a trunktracking scanner. Its pretty cool. I have the charlotte frequencies programed into the scanner so its ready to go.
 

blinddog50

Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2005
Messages
251
Location
Undisclosed urban location.
Yank,
Glad to have you in Charlotte this weekend.
Two things to remember when visiting the Queen City.
1. Anytime you find yourself on a street that begins with Queen, get off of it immediately.
People have become confused on these streets and have never been heard from again.
2. Be sure to spend plenty of money while you're here. We have a light rail system to pay
for.


P.S., If you get the time come on down to Summit and Mint.
Zeke and me will give you a tour of the mine.

Just bring the wine!
 

yankeesdood16

Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2006
Messages
62
Location
binghamton ny
I will be with my parents at my uncles and cousins. Saturday night me and my parents are staying in winchester virginia because me and my parents aren't leaving here til around 4:30 on saturday when my dad gets home from work. I put winchester's frequencies on the scanner for when I stay at the motel. I live just west of binghamton ny and its amazing on how much stuff goes on here with it being a fairly small area, theres always dimestic disputes, accidents and everything. I'm listening to the scanner as I type.
 

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
7,069
Location
Raleigh, NC
yankeesdood16 said:
I will be with my parents at my uncles and cousins. Saturday night me and my parents are staying in winchester virginia because me and my parents aren't leaving here til around 4:30 on saturday when my dad gets home from work. I put winchester's frequencies on the scanner for when I stay at the motel. I live just west of binghamton ny and its amazing on how much stuff goes on here with it being a fairly small area, theres always dimestic disputes, accidents and everything. I'm listening to the scanner as I type.
We hope you enjoy the hobby....feel free to read the Radioreference.com Wiki...the link is at the top of the page...If you need any help after reading the Wiki feel free to let us know!
Have a safe trip!
Marshall KE4ZNR
 

rmquinn3419

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
193
Location
York County SC
The Talkgroups for the Mecklenburg County Sheriff Office is part of the Charlotte/Mecklenburg County System, Talkgroups As Listed Below.


Mecklenburg County Sheriff Talkgroups

DEC HEX Description
3440 0d7 Conference
24912 615 Ch. 1 Dispatch
24944 617 Ch. 2
24976 619 Ch. 3
25008 61b Ch. 4
25040 61d Ch. 5
25072 61f Ch. 6
25104 621 Ch. 7
 

kg4pbd

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
791
Start at the beginning. Charlotte police and the sheriff are on the same trunked system. They use the same frequencies.

Look at page 40 in your manual and set up the Charlotte TRS in one bank, entering all the frequencies listed in the RR Database here for site 001 South. There should be 28 frequencies that you will enter.

Once you've set that up you can enter talkgroup id's as shown on page 48 of your manual.

The talkgroup i.d.'s are what distinguish the "channels".

Take some time and go through the Charlotte TRS information here in the database. You'll understand how the system is set up.

Good luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top