Med 2 / Med 4 use in Middle East TN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblackst

Feed Provider
I am looking to see if anyone knows of any use of Med 2 or Med 4 in the Middle East TN region?

There don't seem to be any repeaters on those frequencies even thought they are listed in Knox County.

Thoughts?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Not always repeated, a lot of hospitals only have base stations, so its duplex at those locations. Also most hospitals run on the 3 main VHF HEAR nets. In fact, most EMS agencies are only getting licenses for the 3 primary VHF HEARs used statewide. In some of the larger city areas the EMS folks run on the UHF MEDs or on TRS. Not to mention that many agencies now also have TACN radios and contact ERs on the DOH TGs, the Air Mdevac TG, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

n4yek

MED-2 is used on a repeater in Cocke county on a regular basis for dispatching the ambulance but is probably a bit far from Knox county to hear.
As MILF stated, they also use VHF HEAR to talk to the hospital directly.

Sevier county ambulance is using the NXDN trunk system for dispatching and in the past used to use MED-1 repeater to talk to the hospital but not sure if they still use MED-1 anymore.

jblackst

Feed Provider
I had heard a rumor about Cocke Co for Med2. That's good to confirm.

Still no word on Med4...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

N2AL

I recall one time monitoring Blount Memorial Hospital receiving patient reporting from inbound EMS on Med 4. I'll swap my radio over there sometime tomorrow and see what I hear.

SCPD

QRT
Med-9 462.950 is also used for Sevier County ems uhf dispatch channel. I can receive it all the way to my location.

K4ZXT

Premium Subscriber
I recall one time monitoring Blount Memorial Hospital receiving patient reporting from inbound EMS on Med 4. I'll swap my radio over there sometime tomorrow and see what I hear.

Blount Memorial should be MED 42, the splinter channel. I don't recall hearing anything on MED 4 in or around Knoxville.

N2AL

Blount Memorial should be MED 42, the splinter channel. I don't recall hearing anything on MED 4 in or around Knoxville.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct!! It is considered Med 42 unless it has somehow changed when they "deleted" the MED 4 channel. Or it's possible MED 4 is now the new MED 42 channel. But regardless, I have answered the question.

As I previously posted, MED 4 (or MED 42 depending on what it's called) is the channel for BMH, aka Blount Memorial Hospital. I copied EMS unit Med 5 advising BMH ER patient information for a victim of a motorcycle crash on The Dragon, which is all too common this time of year.

I hope this information helps you, and I am updating my frequency list with this information for future reference.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

ecps92

MED-04 is 463.0750
MED-42 is 463.0875

Emergency Medical Services Radio - The RadioReference Wiki

two different frequencies and channel names.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct!! It is considered Med 42 unless it has somehow changed when they "deleted" the MED 4 channel. Or it's possible MED 4 is now the new MED 42 channel. But regardless, I have answered the question.

As I previously posted, MED 4 (or MED 42 depending on what it's called) is the channel for BMH, aka Blount Memorial Hospital. I copied EMS unit Med 5 advising BMH ER patient information for a victim of a motorcycle crash on The Dragon, which is all too common this time of year.

I hope this information helps you, and I am updating my frequency list with this information for future reference.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.