Med Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneworld

Trying to listen to med channel's in the northeast. I hear Windham Hospital but unable to hear ambulance's on there way to hospitals. Any help would be great.

justice1776

The mobile units are on a different frequency. 463 mhz for base/468 mhz for mobile.

They do not use repeaters. You would need a good base antenna, but the mobiles are generally low-power and UHF does not propagate well.

Last edited:

KB1JHU

OK thanks. Something must be wrong i pick up nothing on 468.

You would have to be fairly close or have a very good antenna setup. The 468 freqs will be the ambulance and probably only 45-50 watts. I doubt there's anything wrong, it's just the way it is set up. Listening to a med patch won't be too exciting for the general listener and unless you work in EMS/medicine, you're not likely to understand a lot of what is said.

bluefox2163

over here in the hartford area they have repeaters now for the ambulance to talk to hospital,its all on 463mhz I think that soon over there in windham they will put this system in place and you will be able to hear the ambulances loud and clear,just hang in there

med patches

I have a bc786d and what i do is program in the 468.xxx frequencies as the ones to listen to and if i really want to listen to the the hospital talk i just have to hit my reverse button which flips it 5mhz lower to 463.xxx to hear the hospital. There is alot of interesting stuff to listen to sometimes and yes you need to learn the terminology to understand them. When i am in Norwich i can hear most ambulances around the city and going down the highway while i am driving around. typically as long as i am in norwichtown, downtown in the city, going down laurel hill i can hear all the way out to the highway from about exit 80 up to around exit 83. if you are in willimantic most any ambulance can be heard all over the city. Remember always make sure your antenna is meant for what you are listening to in general and your cable is good with a tight connector.

backus hospital 463.050 - hospital talking
468.050 - ambulance talking

Nevis

I live in the Willimantic area and pick up ambulance transmissions on 468.125 only if the ambulance is within a couple of miles of the scanner. Also, Med 9 (462.950/467.950) appears to be used for patch requests to hospitals in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.