MED channels now digital in NE P

Status
Not open for further replies.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
In the last week or two it appears that MED channels in the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton area have gone to a digital voice format. Most recently heard on MED 8 (463.175 mHz) but noted on other MED channels in the area as well. I haven't yet setup DSD or any digital receiver, but to the ear on an analog scanner it sounds most like DMR / MotoTRBO. The most activity on this channel was previously Geisinger, but other hospitals were very active. Not hearing any hospitals on analog anymore.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
In the last few weeks I was hearing analog down here in the Nazareth area. But, I have them turned off for the last two weeks. I'll load up the med channels in the 436 to search for NAC and Color Codes.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
I think in Nazareth you may be out of range for the 463 mHz MED channels in the Wilkes-Barre / Scranton area. But thanks for checking and confirming that Nazareth is apparently NOT digital.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
This is to confirm that I'm now hearing the same digital transmissions full time on 463.025 (MED 2) and many other MED channels. I've searched the FCC ULS and RR db and found all the old analog system listings for the MED channels in NE PA. But nothing indicating any new digital licenses. Working on getting DSD setup to try to determine what digital mode is in use.

jpm

I can say I still have analog on Med 4 and Med 6.

My local EMS hospital went toward the cell phone option now for at least the last 10 years and I did have some experience with this operation. The cost was added to the patients EMS bill as well.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
DSDPlus shows this to be an NXDN 9600 system. I haven't had a chance to decode audio yet, but am wondering if the following is possible: This appears to be part of a much larger system than simply MED / EMS channels. It includes several MED / EMS channels, but there are other channels in the system that are not part of the FCC MED / EMS channel frequency plan. Is it possible that the EMS / MED channel services are part of the larger NXDN system operated by Industrial Electronics in this part of PA, and they are supplying the services to the area hospitals.... in addition to other non-MED subscribers?

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Suprised the fcc would allow nxdn emissions on the med channels. I would assume only analog or p25 digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.