Med-Evacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard any of the med-evacs lately from Ft. Collins, Greeley, MCR and ones in Denver air meds 1,2,3,4,5 & 6, UCH, use to hit all them. I use to here them page all them out. Now I don't hear any paging or voice. Does anyone know if they changed freq's.? If anyone has a list for them could you please send them to me?

tcarro15

TV News Manager & Firefighter
Premium Subscriber
I monitor them on my dmr handheld using the vhf analog frequencies in that second link above. I hear a ton of flight for life, airlife, etc. I also keep track of area air traffic using ADS-B exchange.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
I use to hit mcr, pvh, greeley med-evac, but lately I haven't hit anything on medical helicopter or dispatch for them.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Probably related to affiliation and denials. I think State has been messing with the system as well to restrict helicopters to specific sites to avoid overloading low capacity sites. You need a helicopter to be on the specific site you are monitoring to be able to hear the DTRS talkgroups these days. With only a small number of helicopters, you will often not hear them unless they are doing a flight nearby.

Most of the Denver area helicopters use the UHF Med channels as their primary radio channel.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Probably related to affiliation and denials. I think State has been messing with the system as well to restrict helicopters to specific sites to avoid overloading low capacity sites. You need a helicopter to be on the specific site you are monitoring to be able to hear the DTRS talkgroups these days. With only a small number of helicopters, you will often not hear them unless they are doing a flight nearby.

Most of the Denver area helicopters use the UHF Med channels as their primary radio channel.
I've noticed that too, over the last few years I've seen more and denials on the helicopter talkgroups, especially on big mountain sites. It's very sad...:(

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
Where is Air Med 3 out of? What does flight following mean? Does anyone know What MCR med helicopters use for there

Where is Air Med 3 out of? What does flight following mean? Does anyone know What MCR med helicopters use for there
Air Med 3 as in the channel? That is used by Med Evac. Their dispatch is in the Northern Colorado Medical Center, Greeley.

Flight Following means keeping in contact with dispatch at certain intervals to provide updates on location and flight safety conditions.

MCR uses Lifeline. They are on AirMed 5.

jfabiano

Premium Subscriber
Airlife uses mostly aircraft and UHF band frequencies. They occasionally use Air Net and Air Med as well, but that's pretty rare. 95% of their communications is via direct connect phones.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
CSP aircraft in the past were kept primarily on 700 MHz sites. This might be the case for Air-Med activity.

You might try the Gunbarrel site if you can receive it.

Steve2003

I recall seeing some new "Air" sites added to the database not too long ago. I bet the state is trying to force aircraft radios to use with the use of denials / preferred sites in aircraft radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.