Med Helicopters in Panhandle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to find the following med helicopters radio frequencies in the Panhandle of Florida. LifeFlight and Air Heart. I am mainly looking for Escambia, Santa Rosa, okaloosa and Walton County. I found Lifeguard on 460.825, but no others. Since Air Methods took over I can't find them. Lifeflight no longer uses 453.025.

airems

Air Methods uses a lot of their national iternant frequencies for dispatching in various loations. There's a bunch of them if you do a FCC ULS search under Air Methods. That might be a good place to start.

wise871

Database Admin
Nothing new yet. Santa Rosa lifeguard one no longer uses 460.825.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thomast77

They must be using cell phones or something? I have not found anything, Except I hear them occasionally on 123.025. To let other aircraft know they are in the area. I wonder if they will get a TG on the new system?

cg

Premium Subscriber
I know an Air Methods pilot from a northeast program who flew for two AM programs. One of them was dispatched locally but the other was dispatched remotely from Air Methods main dispatch center in Omaha, Nebraska. The remote center does its communications by internet based phone and radio links. The radio link may be for local comms only and be simplex and low power. So any Air Methods national freqs may require close proximity for reception.

chris

trooper890

Air methods

You are correct about the Omaha, NE Dispatch location. It seems dispatch locations are being consolidated over time.

Now for the crappy part. I understand Air methods is transitioning to SLERS P25 aircraft system for dispatch comms in Florida. Which means the company traffic may go dark.

gcvaughn

You are correct about the Omaha, NE Dispatch location. It seems dispatch locations are being consolidated over time.

Now for the crappy part. I understand Air methods is transitioning to SLERS P25 aircraft system for dispatch comms in Florida. Which means the company traffic may go dark.

It would make sense that they would switch to SLERS, seems everyone else has.

In Walton, I know that they have been coordinating landing zones with ground units on the UHF dispatch frequencies, possibly simplex from the helo. I live near a major roadway that often has needs for airheart, so I'll hear the comms when they are close, but can't recall hearing them for other major roadways further away.

Status
Not open for further replies.