Med-Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how Med-Star ambulance out of Brandon is paged, or what they operate on? I don't think they're on the SD TRS, and I haven't been able to locate any antennas on their rigs. Could it be that their communications are all cell phone-based? They are the official ambulance for Brandon and southeast Minnehaha County, but I have never heard them that I know of. The SD TRS page on RR does include "Brandon Medstar Ambulance" on talkgroup 29536, but I have yet to hear them there. I am located a little further away, so maybe I just haven't heard them yet . . . You would think they would at least have radios to communicate with hospitals, but like I say, I don't see any antennas.

Help?

Rlahey

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how Med-Star ambulance out of Brandon is paged, or what they operate on? I don't think they're on the SD TRS, and I haven't been able to locate any antennas on their rigs. Could it be that their communications are all cell phone-based? They are the official ambulance for Brandon and southeast Minnehaha County, but I have never heard them that I know of. The SD TRS page on RR does include "Brandon Medstar Ambulance" on talkgroup 29536, but I have yet to hear them there. I am located a little further away, so maybe I just haven't heard them yet . . . You would think they would at least have radios to communicate with hospitals, but like I say, I don't see any antennas.

Help?
For emergent/911 calls MedStar will use Minnehaha County Fire 1. They also use
29536736DMedstar AmbBrandon Medstar Ambulance
They use this for time stamping for transports, etc. They do a lot of non emergency transports.

Status
Not open for further replies.