MEDCOM On MED 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Maybe I heard the radio wrong but I could have swore I just caught someone calling their dispatch and telling them to call AMR because they weren't answering on "Med 12" no less. This was a City unit calling their dispatch. So is AMR using Med 12 to talk to say West Haven, Orange or New Haven?

jdemers

Looks like an RX DPL of 115 and a TX DPL of 311.
Excellent coverage in greater NH.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring med 12- 453.075 for a few days. Lots of LI NY EMS activity from Sunrise and Terriville. Nothing local. Interesting thing is some comms are coming in with a 167.9 PL like the old Southcentral CMED. On Med-5 both vehicles and AMR dispatch are coming in with a DPL of 115.

Manny

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
453.0750 would be MedTac12 or Tac 2 in OEMS speak depending where you are. Med 12 would be 463.0125.
There was some discussion about PLs for the Tac channels with some people saying each region used the regional PL and others saying all were to be 156.7
Sounds like it's a free for all with the CMED radios now. For a bit I thought it would end up with each hospital getting assigned a Channel/PL combo and you would just talk without CMED being involved. What region really needs 16 patch channels, 4 coordination channels and 4 tac channels? I suppose the more they patch together, the fewer they have to listen to.

chris

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
My bad. So I've been monitoring 463.0125. Funny sound coming out of that frequency, almost like what you hear if you listen to one frequency on the Marcus system. Weird.

Manny

jdemers

An update to my last post. Med 5 with DPL of 115 has AMR dispatch, but the mixer (repeater) is off, so I assume they are just simulcasting at this point.

BTW, when they had both sides of the radio on the channel, the input DPL was 311

Anyone else have an update?

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
An update to my last post. Med 5 with DPL of 115 has AMR dispatch, but the mixer (repeater) is off, so I assume they are just simulcasting at this point.

BTW, when they had both sides of the radio on the channel, the input DPL was 311

Anyone else have an update?

The repeater is normal right now (0830 local). Maybe they had the mixer off temporarily?

APX7500X2

AMR is now on 464.0125 dpl 115..Same as quinnipac universitys ltr system just up the street... Weird thing is you can still hear the university on the channel and AMR walking all over them.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
AMR is now on 464.0125 dpl 115..Same as quinnipac universitys ltr system just up the street... Weird thing is you can still hear the university on the channel and AMR walking all over them.

APX, I'm not sure what exactly is going on but I am hearing AMR clear as day on 463.100 DPL 115 full duplex. ( 2/9/17- 10:00 am local time.) Now, I plugged in 464.0125 with a tone search on my other base scanner that is being fed by the same antenna. I got AMR traffic with the 115 DPL talking but two different dispatchers were talking at the same time saying different things. One unit checked in on the 464.0125 freq. and was told "your supposed to be on the other radio". The unit then checked in on 463.100. So I'm assuming this is a secondary back up channel for AMR New Haven then?

Manny

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Yes they were trying out their "new" freq yesterday. All back on the Med 5 right now. QUINNIPIAC is switching to DMR soon so no more LTR and that 464 freq will then be "available".
Bob

Thanks Bob! That what I thought. I wonder if the "new" frequency is going to be their primary dispatch at some point so they can get off of med-5, or are things gonna stay status quo with the new frequency as back up. Hmm.

Manny

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bob! That what I thought. I wonder if the "new" frequency is going to be their primary dispatch at some point so they can get off of med-5, or are things gonna stay status quo with the new frequency as back up. Hmm.

Manny

Good question- maybe they are going to split up their units into 2 groups and use both freqs.?
Luckily we don't have to buy any extra crystals like the old days lol
Just type it in and delete if not used anymore :p

ecps92

There are two Frequencies on the new License.

464.0125 and 464.0875, if anyone want to get the DPL on the other

Yes they were trying out their "new" freq yesterday. All back on the Med 5 right now. QUINNIPIAC is switching to DMR soon so no more LTR and that 464 freq will then be "available".
Bob

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Bob, I don't know what you're talking about..... :roll:

Don't make me break out my Tenelec 4 channel UHF Handheld (about as big as a Pro-2004 lol
Oh, what's a Pro-2004? Programmable? What's that?

Anyway, staying back on topic. Thanks for that info Bill on the other freq. I was trying to keep that one a secret to see who finds it first. It won't be used for a while yet. Nothing on it yet ;)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I'm on it now! I did hear something interesting on the Med-5 channel. A unit checked in and then asked " we are supposed to be on the "tactical channel" right? The response was "yes you're all set". So it's getting interesting.

Manny

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
I'm on it now! I did hear something interesting on the Med-5 channel. A unit checked in and then asked " we are supposed to be on the "tactical channel" right? The response was "yes you're all set". So it's getting interesting.

Manny

You're not supposed to post tactical operations on RR. I am going to report you Manny. :p
So that radio has UHF crystals that didn't drift off freq yet? That's amazing. I used to unsolder the covers off the drifted crystals and scrape a little "material" off to hopefully get them back on frequency. Nothing to lose at that point. Either it got worse or better. True story!

Status
Not open for further replies.