MEDCOM On MED 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
You're not supposed to post tactical operations on RR. I am going to report you Manny. :p
So that radio has UHF crystals that didn't drift off freq yet? That's amazing. I used to unsolder the covers off the drifted crystals and scrape a little "material" off to hopefully get them back on frequency. Nothing to lose at that point. Either it got worse or better. True story!

Bob, never mind, I'll report myself! :p

My Pro-48 worked very well when I had it in use. Never really noticed any drifting to be honest. I just popped the crystal in, reached in to set it to VHF or UHF and that was pretty much it. What I hated was when I wanted to hear something else and all 10 spots were full, I had to decide which agency I did not want to hear anymore and remove that particular crystal.

Manny

Last edited:

ecps92

Secret Frequencies are only those that are
a. Unlicensed
and
b. Have yet to be transmitted on

:D
Don't make me break out my Tenelec 4 channel UHF Handheld (about as big as a Pro-2004 lol
Oh, what's a Pro-2004? Programmable? What's that?

Anyway, staying back on topic. Thanks for that info Bill on the other freq. I was trying to keep that one a secret to see who finds it first. It won't be used for a while yet. Nothing on it yet ;)

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Well, if I am understanding this correctly, Med-5 may end up being a TAC channel and the 464.0125 may end up being primary dispatch, once it becomes "available". Just my opinion based on what is known so far.

Manny

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
Wait.... AMR (or most any company/state agency) do something that would make sense?!? That's preposterous. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Oh boy, ok, just when I thought this was starting to make sense...:roll:
On that frequency I get something that sounds like LTR with a constant squelch break and that motoTRBO type machine gun digital sound, but AMR overrides everything loud and clear.

Manny

Last edited:

N1GTL

Database Admin
Yes they were trying out their "new" freq yesterday. All back on the Med 5 right now. QUINNIPIAC is switching to DMR soon so no more LTR and that 464 freq will then be "available".
Bob

QU is keeping all the same frequencies. 464.0125 is, and will remain, part of QU's system. I'm not sure how AMR got licensed for 250 watts ERP out of East Rock but that should have been disabled yesterday. I believe that their licensing was done out of corporate in Colorado or something like that. They, or a frequency coordinator, missed something. Callsign WQYU777 licensed less than 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
QU is keeping all the same frequencies. 464.0125 is, and will remain, part of QU's system. I'm not sure how AMR got licensed for 300 ERP out of East Rock but that should have been disabled yesterday. I believe that their licensing was done out of corporate in Ohio or something like that. They, or a frequency coordinator, missed something.

That's for sure Jim! They sure missed that one. I assumed that Marcus was giving it up. I think East Rock might be line of site to QU lol.
Wonder who will win that double?
Yes I looked up the license to make sure it wasn't UC and it is like you said, from far away, Colorado. I heard AMR use the 464.0125 about an hour ago. Not much else since yesterday.

N1GTL

Database Admin
QU's PassPort is owned by them. They are not on anyone elses system. The new system is their own also.

leadjammer

MEDCOM on MED 5

I'm dating myself but I used to buy my crystals at Hatreys Electronics on the Blvd in New Haven and
Lafayette Electronics in Hamden. Any one remember those stores, The few I bought at Radio Shack never worked.

Crystals

I'm dating myself but I used to buy my crystals at Hatreys Electronics on the Blvd in New Haven and
Lafayette Electronics in Hamden. Any one remember those stores, The few I bought at Radio Shack never worked.

I bought my crystals from Lentini in New Britain. At the time (1972) Mike Lentini, ALEX'S father, worked out of a 3-family house.

There was a Hatry Electronics in Hartford (Ledyard St.) and a Lafayette in West Hartford (Bishops Corner) that also sold crystals.

BREAK

APX7500X2

Yes they were trying out their "new" freq yesterday. All back on the Med 5 right now. QUINNIPIAC is switching to DMR soon so no more LTR and that 464 freq will then be "available".
Bob

Wouldn't it be weird if the radio company that is doing QU is the same one doing AMR...
Then when the new DMR system comes on line they don't use the 464.0125 in the new QU system so it becomes "Available" for AMR

Nah that would be to much of a coincidence. Silly me

joetnymedic

Feed Provider

Hatrey's and Radio Shack lol WHPD was on 155.010 if memory serves correct. Orange and Woodbridge PD shared a freq as well lol

CentracomGold

Where did the time go.

Yes i remember Lafayette in the "Pathmark" plaza on Main St at the East Haven/New Haven line (present day McDermott Chevrolet) buying all my crystals LOL. Hatreys moved to Route 5 North Haven/Wallingford from the Blvd.

MTACOP

Retired
Premium Subscriber
There was a Hatry Electronics in Hartford (Ledyard St.) and a Lafayette in West Hartford (Bishops Corner) that also sold crystals.

BREAK

Wow, Hatry's on the Boulevard. I used to buy crystals and a scanner too from them once back when I was working at Flanagan Ambulance. Had almost forget about them, thanks for the memory flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.