Medevac help

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott71

I'm trying to figure out the frequencies for the medic helicopters for my area. Northern Berks Co. I used to hear them being paged out now it seems that I'm not picking them up. Maybe I'm just missing something but I hear the fire co. calling for the helicopter but never hear the tones to dispatch it. Did they change frequencies? I've been using this set of Medevac frequencies. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
There are several services available to that area. It is entirely possible that you are only hearing the dispatch side as they are on fixed transmitter sites throughout the region and the aircraft is essentially a mobile radio so if you are not close you are not going to hear it. Quite often the communication between aircraft and ground crew at the scene is a simplex set up and line of sight.

chankel

Premium Subscriber
Medevac Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

This is the link to the RR page with PA medevac information. You can also always do an FCC search, although this may not be as easy. Some agencies are licensed under the parent hospital and use their frequencies, some use outside contractors (JeffSTAT on the Sunshine LTR system), and some use a mix (Brandywine Hospital on VHF and with a separate operations repeater located elsewhere on UHF)

Steveradio

464.2000 PL107.2 is used for Lehigh Valley MEDEVAC with the dispatch center in Colorado I believe. They are toned out on this frequency, every day around 0730 - 0800 you can hear a radio check to all units. You will hear the nextel beep most of the time.

Some of Berks also use PENNSTAR 155.3850 PL100.0 for helicopter use.

Hopefully this helps you out. The list you are using is correct!

Steve

scott71

Thanks guys for all your help!!!

I did plug in some channels that I may have missed or were taken out for some reason but I have had a few that I did catch getting dispatched. And especially with the today's impending weather forecast, a lot of activity with the Helicopters checking in on the weather.

I appreciate the responses!!!

JimBobTerp

I live in Northampton County in Easton,PA do u think I will be able to hear all the Medevac Frequencies listed in the database? http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=3371 I know I can hear Lehigh County and maybe Berks but what about the rest of the ones listed? The reason I asked is cause my currently programing my Uniden BCD996XT and looking to make a whole channel of EMS & Medevac Frequencies. Thanks alot

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Chances are the you will be able to hear the dispatch side of the transmissions for MedEvac and Pennstar and possibly SkyCare and a limited number of the aircraft side. You might also want to program the New Jersey State Police as they operate NorthStar and SouthStar- they are their air ambulances.

Status
Not open for further replies.