MEDEVAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

I have the BCD436HP and live in Houston Co. dose anyone know and or hear any medevac helo's ? I have downloaded what was is the DB but do not hear anything, also looking for the local Wal Mart frequencies.
Thanks

Julian1

Anyone out there.... please correct me if you've heard differently. Helicopters are not dispatched all that often. So you're not going to get frequent traffic. You might try some of the Florida frequencies. With the larger population centers along the coast, you might pick up the helos when they're up in the air.

MDKramerAL

In Florence AL. I never hear helos dispatched. I listen to AEL in Clornith MS and Wayne County TN. Those two dispatch helos just about every day. Can Hear ground to air communications on the fire department dispatch freq or on the county VFD freq. The county VFD sometimes will communication ground to air at 453.7500 which is a mutual air to ground UHF freq. I've read where city FD's air to ground will use the VHF mutual freq. 155.3475. Also might be good to turn off CTCSS/DSS tones for the freqs. The helos can be heard on local air band freqs communicating in local airport air space between scene and hospital.

Last edited:

pilotman6012

In Limestone county AIREVAC is dispatched on Huntsville Tower 152.93,normal radio check every morning at 800 am to check status and on calls,dispatch will tell them county,heading and miles to scene and standby or scene flight request.If they take flight tail number,employees involved by number and run number,any information their dispatch has gotten from scene commander.

Wally46

Feed Provider
I hear Medforce and Aircare helicopters talking to dispatch all the time. They use the Racom trunking system around here.

Wolfpit

Medevac

You can hear Flatiron leaving Cairns field on Cairns frequencies. Check Airnav.com. I have also heard flatiron on the local public safety frequencies as they get close to the landing zone. I assume they still do that but I am not sure now since the local sheriff has went to nexedge! The local vfd may not use nexedge though. Flatiron is the army's Medevac that they use a lot around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.