• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Media PD gone silent??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've got two scanners on Media, PA's privately dispatched system and it's practically dead as a doornail.

Anybody else noticed?

Andy
Media, PA

ctrabs74

Boomeranger said:
I've got two scanners on Media, PA's privately dispatched system and it's practically dead as a doornail.

Anybody else noticed?

As of when? I highly doubt they made the switch to DelCom, and I haven't heard anything about an upgrade to P25 digital, so let's hope this was either a fluke or that simply nothing was happening. I'd have long stretches of time when there's nothing on West Chester's system, and I've just chalked it up to inactivity. I guess we'll see what happens...

Boomeranger

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
ctrabs74 said:
As of when? I highly doubt they made the switch to DelCom, and I haven't heard anything about an upgrade to P25 digital, so let's hope this was either a fluke or that simply nothing was happening. I'd have long stretches of time when there's nothing on West Chester's system, and I've just chalked it up to inactivity. I guess we'll see what happens...
I give nods to inactivity. It was just TOO quiet. It did pick up later in the evening.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.