Media Remote 491.6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

For anyone near Asheville, if you have any interest in low power-media remote transmitters, here is one for your list. Caught a local outlet producing a street segment yesterday morning on 491.6000 NFM. I enjoy the fact that even when the actual interview is complete, the small belt unit, or mic, not sure, is rarely shut off. Makes for interesting listening. Take care

ecps92

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interruptible_foldback
Some work in the unused T-Band spectrum [such as the one you found]

For anyone near Asheville, if you have any interest in low power-media remote transmitters, here is one for your list. Caught a local outlet producing a street segment yesterday morning on 491.6000 NFM. I enjoy the fact that even when the actual interview is complete, the small belt unit, or mic, not sure, is rarely shut off. Makes for interesting listening. Take care

AlphaFive

Very interesting, I appreciate that information. This is what radio listening is about, learning something that you weren't familiar with. I hit the same frequency in FM yesterday on my Pro 197 in tune mode. Not so much as squelch break. Found that odd, but hey, something more to list. Thanks again

AlphaFive

WIRELESS

Thanks for the reply, that goes in my stack of notes. Yesterday, I pulled in one more on the band, 482.2725, and 482.2750 on my 536HP. A typical Church service in progress. Again though, oddly, my Pro 197 was set to those in tune mode and was dead to the signal. My 536HP and Pro 197 run off of separate standard discone attic antennas. One Tram, one Diamond. Normally the Pro 197 will run circles around the 536 in a contest such as that, not this time. 197 could only do FM, 536 was locked on as NFM. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.