Media Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescuecomm

I witnessed the train versus pickup truck crash in Easley on Christmas Eve. After seeing the news reports about the tractor catching fire twice, I can see where dis-information comes from. The truck was smashed and burned up about 100 feet from the rail crossing. It caught fire again on the roll-back.The tractor was not ever jarred from the trailer if you can believe that. The driver got out at the last minute and avoided certain death. He could have put the truck in gear and cogged it across knocking down the gates if he had had the presence of mind to do it. I did get to see myself on the railfan's camera feed that WYFF news showed. I guess that is my 10 seconds of fame.

Bob

LarrySC

The Four Rules of Journalism:

1- Be first rather than right
2- Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story
3- When in doubt, analize
4- Good news is no news, so create conflict

n5ims

You forgot one. Your report must be done live. It makes no difference that everything was done hours ago and the poor janitor has to stay late to lock up after your report is done. You standing there doing your report at 10:18 to tell everyone about the meeting that was over at 8 PM just shows the community that we're committed to bring you breaking news! By "breaking news" we really mean that had we done the report back at the studio, the taped clips would've worked right, been in the right order, and in sync but since we were "live on the scene", they were ran in the wrong order, for a different story, and rewound on air.

LarrySC

You got that right. This week here in Greenville Fox sent Will Jones to the top of Caesars Head to do a snow report before sun up in a HEAVY fog. That is one of the worst trips anyone could make. It's an awful road in summer daylight. They could have sent him up #25 to NC state line at Panther Mtn which is a 4 lane. Much easier trip. I work with the media and in and out of the news rooms on a regular basis. It just blows me away of some of the stupid things they do. Just another day in the big city.

Status
Not open for further replies.