Medic Helps EMT Crew, Gets Towing Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnnm1062

longtime member
Saw this story on wxyz.com

Medic Helps EMT Crew, Gets Towing Bill

Last Update: 4/12 8:02 pm

JACKSON, Mich. (AP) - A U.S. Navy medic who stopped to calm a woman whose husband was having a heart attack -- and helped an ambulance crew perform CPR on the man en route to a hospital -- ended up with a 60 dollar towing bill.

Hospital Corpsman 3rd Class Tim Moore tells the Jackson Citizen Patriot he was driving on April Second from his home in Concord to a Navy recruitment office when he saw an ambulance on eastbound Interstate 94 near Jackson.

The crew asked him to help perform CPR en route to a hospital, where the man died.

When Moore returned to the side of the interstate two hours later, his truck was missing. It turns out the truck -- parked partly over the white line marking the side of the road -- was considered a travel hazard and towed.

---

Information from: Jackson Citizen Patriot, http://www.mlive.com/citpat

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
He parked his truck in the road and had it towed, where is the issue? If the police left his trunk in the road and someone hit it, he'd have bigger issues.

Airdorn

Maybe they should give the guy a bit of latitude for being a good Samaritan. But maybe the police didn't know it was his truck.

MetroMike

"parked partly over the white line marking the side of the road "

Those are the key words.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Grog said:
He parked his truck in the road and had it towed, where is the issue? If the police left his trunk in the road and someone hit it, he'd have bigger issues.

If the police weren't their to see him leave it or the Medics alert the Police it was being left their while helping the Medics, and he didn't park it off the road as much as I hate to say it, I could see why it was towed. :(

If a officer comes by as sees it over the white line they will tow it. I hear it all the time.

burningman_77

Understandable if the car was over the solid white line, that would definately be a hazard for oncoming cars. I don't feel as if he shoud have to pay the towing bill, but if they're gonna to charge him, I suppose he's going to have to pay (even though if I were the owner of the towing company, I would let this one slide). Who else will foot the bill? The police department, the fire department? I don't think so...

MetalManMI

The local Sheriff's Office is paying that bill for him (reimbursing him for the costs).

rcvmo

Ok, he's driving EB 94 and sees an ambulance on the side of the road. He stops and renders assistance........wait a minute.........Let's back up here a bit;

How did he know that the EMT's on the ambulance needed assistance in CPR?

He's a Navy Corpman/medic. I'd also bet that there was some type of monitoring device for JCFD in his car. The news did not specify if he was a VFF, just a Navy Medic. I bet he has something to do with Public Safety other than being a Navy Corpman.
No one knows for sure, but either way you slice the pie, Kudos to him for stopping.
rcvmo

Status
Not open for further replies.