Medical Helicopter Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

emsflyer84

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I'm in southern Carroll County, not too far from the Maine boarder. I can currently receive statewide dispatches for DHMC helicopters, and I enjoy listening to them. I was wondering if there were other medical helicopter services that I ight be able to receive dispatches for. LifeFlight of Maine? Boston MedFlight? Does anyone know if these agencies use traditional radio dispatch like DHMC does? Thanks!

ecps92

Yes, there are many others you can/likely would hear

Hey guys, I'm in southern Carroll County, not too far from the Maine boarder. I can currently receive statewide dispatches for DHMC helicopters, and I enjoy listening to them. I was wondering if there were other medical helicopter services that I ight be able to receive dispatches for. LifeFlight of Maine? Boston MedFlight? Does anyone know if these agencies use traditional radio dispatch like DHMC does? Thanks!

west-pac

Also, medical helicopters still have to talk to the Air Traffic Control towers for the air space they're flying in. You can catch traffic on those frequencies as well. Around my area they normally identify as "medevac (helicopter name)" to ATC.

Example: "Fort Wayne tower, medevac Lutheran Air 3. We're at 1500 feet, inbound to Lutheran hospital."

ChrisPrue

For any of them that are on repeaters (such as Lifeflight of Maine), you'll want to consider trying to monitor the repeater input frequency if you're out of range of the repeater. On the input, you may be able to hear the aircraft when/if they are at altitude and reasonably nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.