Medicine hat Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgas

It seems that the Med Hat Fire Dept have a tac channel other than the freq listed in the data base, They tell everyone to go to channel 3. I was wondering if anyone knows what the freq is that they are using.

If I find it I will be sure to post it.

Thanks,

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
They're on 800 analog, right?

Don't forget to check the police freqs in analog mode in case they're in there. That would be the same as using a different PL code on an analog freq.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I would try a NAC search on all the listed frequencies the next time they go to the tac channel and see if you can pick them up.

avgas

This weekend there was a house fire here in town, I headed over there and managed to get a close call hit of 823.050. I had my scanner set wrong so it was not decoding the signal but I have a feeling this might be the fire TAC channel. If anyone else in town wants to monitor this freq maybe we can narrow it down.

Jay911

Feed Provider
This weekend there was a house fire here in town, I headed over there and managed to get a close call hit of 823.050. I had my scanner set wrong so it was not decoding the signal but I have a feeling this might be the fire TAC channel. If anyone else in town wants to monitor this freq maybe we can narrow it down.

823.05 is the input for repeater channel 868.05, so you shouldn't have to go to the scene to find it. In the 800 MHz band, repeater inputs are 45 MHz below the output.

avgas

You have me confused. I dont see 823.050 or 868.050 listed under Medicine Hat Fire or MHPD.

avgas

It could be, I am guessing that this would be a simplex freq.

I am just putting this info out there so others in the area can monitor and we can gather as much good info as possible. The fire dept around here is not all that busy so its kinda hard to gather any good info.

avgas

I would think that a tac channel would not be a repeater channel. I would think it would be for more local communications. Portable radios dont work that well on the repeater channels here in town. I might be wrong, I have never had anything to do with digital communications.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
It would be very odd for a simplex channel to be in the 823 MHz area. Odd but not impossible I guess if they want to be tricky. My bet is still 868.050. Isn't one of the other Tac frequencies in the data base a repeater channel.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
There very well be Tac channels set up for each of the four quadrants of the city to accomodate portables. It would make more sense that they would have voter receivers set up around the city tied into the repeaters.

avgas

Well knowing the city I am guessing they would have went with a simplex channel if its possible, I only say that because it would be a lot cheaper than setting up voter recievers around the city. I work for the city and I have first hand knowledge how cheap they are. It sure would be nice if more locals had digital scanners and could post more info.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Redcliffe would be 00144 on the map. Others on the map are Elkwater, Empress, Hilda and Cypruss County. They do the whole SouthEastern province almost tp Lethbridge, 00151 I guess would be Onefour, 00510 Manyberries and 00102 Aden,

Status
Not open for further replies.