Medics area of operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Does anyone know what each medics area of operation is? I have all of Atlantic Health's frequecies. I am only trying to listen to the only medic unit that covers Madison, Florham Park area.

Last edited:

DannB

Premium Subscriber
MICU freq's

155.3550-pl186.2
155.2650-pl192.8
155.1750-pl85.2

These are the dispatch freq's for the northern MICU disp.Keep in mind that now that CEN-COM dispatches Via The MDT system listening to their dispatches are pretty boring.. now you will hear their dispatch but all they will say is the unit number being dispatched and the town they are to respond to. Not that exciting anymore but give it a listen ..

Ed-N2QBZ

Rochester NY, Previously from Cedar Grove and East
As a former medic dispatcher from another agency, times and technology have changed the way EMS is dispatched. Automated Vehicle Location allows dispatchers to send the closest available unit (within reason) regardless of where that unit is usually based. Onboard GPS permits a unit unfamiliar with the area find an address.

Another thing is the two towns you are concerned about Madison & Florham Park are between Morristown and Summit, so units could come from either area and each unit is dispatched on different frequencies, Medic/MIC 11 from Morristown or Medic 2 out of Overlook. But then there may be the "sister" satellite units if they happen to be near Overlook or Mo-Town Medic/MIC12 or Medic 2, 3, or 6. Since they are all Atlantic units, the closest one goes.

Not to mention DannB's comment that with MDTs, there is very little information about the nature or exact address going out in the initial page too.

Then there's the possibility of MONOC out of St Barnabas too.

Last edited:

njemt7212

I can tell you it would usually be the medic unit dedicated to the area but if they go out or like another poster said it goes by the closest unit. Its hard to listen to as well because their are no repeaters on CENCOM. Unless you live close by or just passing through you will only hear dispatcher. Only time you will hear a full dispatch is if the MDT is down or if CENCOM computers go down for maintenance or the occasional crash.

SCPD

QRT
Morristown - 11&12
Dover - 55&56
Hackettstown 57
Lafayette 53&54
Overlook 1&2
Mountainside 7&8

There are a few more, but I cannot remember. 155.175 is PL100.0, unless they changed it.

njemt7212

Should note that the 155.175 is CENCOM 3 sort a tactical channel for everyone.

and the 50 series medic numbers are St. Clare paramedics not Atlantic.

Also Chatham, Berkeley Heights area is Medic 3 atlantic

mondaro

Feed Provider
155.3550-pl186.2
155.2650-pl192.8
155.1750-pl85.2

These are the dispatch freq's for the northern MICU disp.Keep in mind that now that CEN-COM dispatches Via The MDT system listening to their dispatches are pretty boring.. now you will hear their dispatch but all they will say is the unit number being dispatched and the town they are to respond to. Not that exciting anymore but give it a listen ..

I would hate like hell if I was on the other end of a computer glitch needed help and the EMS unit never received the job. Computers are a nice thing when they work !!

robbinsj2

I would hate like hell if I was on the other end of a computer glitch needed help and the EMS unit never received the job. Computers are a nice thing when they work !!
Happens all the time with radios and pagers. That's why dispatchers around here make sure the dispatched unit acknowledges within a certain amount of time.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Happens all the time with radios and pagers. That's why dispatchers around here make sure the dispatched unit acknowledges within a certain amount of time.

I am on the job ( EMS ) 29 years never missed a job due to telephone, radio or pager system failure not even once. Just think when dispatching jobs on computers should not be trusted.

robbinsj2

Congratulations to you. Me too, except only 16 years in fire & EMS. We are delayed probably about monthly, on an average basis, because of initial dispatch problems. Never miss a call from it, just set back while a glitch occurs, is discovered, and remedied or fixed.

I hear the same far more often overall (considering more services) for the somewhat limited area I scan. I consider that unfortunate but acceptable -- advantages outweigh disadvantages. Technology does offer more than just potential for failure, I'm sure the same discussions were had when CAD first came out...

luc1med

To answer the original question..
Medic 3 is based out of the Chatham Twp River Rd Firehouse. They cover most of the area, Medic 2 is @ Overlook Hospital.
Second to this is MIC 11 out of Morristown Memorial Hospital. Medic 6 (the floater truck) in East Hanover. Medic 254 (MONOC) out of St Barnabas. Generally it goes in order of availability and who is closest.

joshua86

By "each Medics" area of operation I assume you are referring to atlantic medics.
Atlantic MICU coverage areas, but not limited to. (keep in mind the MDT system will locate all units by GPS and generaly the closest unit goes and also that not all units are up 24/7)
Medic 1-westfield, mountainside, union, kenilworth
Medic 2-springfield, summit, milburn
Medic 3- Chatham, new providence, madison, berkley heights
Medic 6-East Hanover, livingston, florham park
Medic 7-montclair, bloomfield, cedar grove, verona, glen ridge,
Medic 8-Caldwell, north caldwell, west caldwell, fairfield
MIC 11- Morristown, Morris plains
MIC 12- Liberty corner, bernardsville, bedminster
Monoc 254 has the same coverage as Medic 6 and West Orange
When 7 or 8 gets dispatched 6 "floats" over to their coverage area
All of these dispatches can be heard on 155.355 Mhz(if you are close to the MICU you can usually hear their transmissions as well.) I have never heard 254 dispatches I figure they stick to the CAD system. I hope this helps you out!

Boss

Monoc unit 251 covers Kenilworth,also Roselle ,Roselle Park .and Cranford

Status
Not open for further replies.