Medics to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
Well since i got back in to the hobby, i seem to be asking alot of questions due to about a 4 year break in the hobby.

Back when i used to listen i used to hear medics calling the hospital with patients status before they arive to the er. are medics still doing that over the air?

it used to be on 155.3400 and 155.2800 i think may have been 154.340 and 2800.

however i have both in the scanner and havent heard a peep out of either one of them ??

i am in the dayton area..(miamisburg) so i want to hear sycamore, kettering, miami valley, Valley south, middletown, and southview.

any info will be great....i see there are talkgroups in the database for each of the hospitals but also not a peep.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Most of that is done over cell phone, not radio. Occasionally Care Flight and other med copters will use 155.2800 and especially CF to MVH. MVH's MICU uses Ohio MARCS. Childrens' uses MARCS for their transport operations. Otherwise the talkgroups on the county system are mainly for use in the need during a widespread disaster/emergency.

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
got ya , i understand....so much has changed during my break in the hobby.

Irishfireguy3622

Premium Subscriber
You MIGHT hear some of the rural departments calling in reports to Sycamore via VHF occasionally. I have forgotten which frequency is assigned to each of the ERs since most of us went 800/cell phone with reports. I think most were on BLS 2 which is 155.34 I think.

CVPI4Ever

I hear Delaware County EMS (And other FD's) all the time call in to Grady Memorial Hospital in Delaware.

Richland County does this too. When I lived there, it was called the HEAR frequency.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I hear Delaware County EMS (And other FD's) all the time call in to Grady Memorial Hospital in Delaware.

Richland County does this too. When I lived there, it was called the HEAR frequency.

The HEAR channels are still very worthwhile to keep in your scanners.While they might not get a lot of use in some areas any longer, there is still some use, and in a disaster/interoperability situation they will very likely light up with a lot of activity, especially if there are a lot of EMS vehicles coming in from outside your county. HEAR is still common to most areas, so most EMS providers have the radios.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
If you look up the hospital talkgroups on the Dayton TRS and Montgomery County TRS, you will find every ER is covered. I have all of these entered in my scanners and still do hear reports on these talkgroups.

In the past few months I've heard Dayton, Harrison, Vandalia and Jefferson Twp. calling in patient reports over the two systems. Some particular instances in which I've heard calls over the 2 systems were for "Trauma, Cardiac or Stroke Alerts." On some trap crashes, I've heard Dayton's ISU call in to MVH to give them a heads-up, while the medics are packaging the patient.

155.280, 155.340 and 155.325 used to be the 3 that were used. 280 is still in use, as Mark said, every once in a while I will hear 340. I've never heard a med call on 325, but we used to have it in our squads. Also used to have 155.400, but the only Hospital I've ever heard use it is Greene Memorial in Xenia. It is also Kettering/Sycamore's primary security frequency.

6D75

Here in Adams County, we will use our operations channel (155.115 PL 110.9) to call in reports if the ER doesn't answer the phone.

Rich K8IG

andy1974

Premium Subscriber
how does that work ?? talkgroup on a trunk system talkting to a place thats non trunk? confused

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
In Northern Ky we still have "Med 1"(155.160/192.8) and "Med 2"(155.340/192.8) in our radios but I haven't used either one to talk to a hospital in probably 10 years. Cell phone call or have dispatch make a landline call is the norm.

The only time i suspect we would ever use these channels is during a major disaster.

On the contrary 155.280/CSQ is the Greater Cincinnati area hospitals "Disaster Net." This would be active during a major mass causality incident to coordinate how many patients go where. These communications would only be between hospitals although. They test the net weekly I believe, by doing a roll call of all hospitals in the area if you ever listen.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
Every ER in Dayton has a trunked radio that the medics in the field can "tone up" to give a report. Some ER's have talkgroups on Dayton's TRS, the remainder are on Montgomery County's system. So it's trunked radio to trunked radio...

They also have MARCS radios too.

Last edited:

medic_32

Premium Subscriber
ER to Hospital

The HEAR (155.340) system is still used in Brown County to talk to Brown County and Maysville Hospitals by a few departments, as archives can be pulled as needed of the conversations for QI purposes, legal purposes, training purposes etc, and the cellular phones in most of the hospitals are not taped lines. When we transport into Cincy, we either have to use the cellular... (which most of those lines are taped in Cincy), or have our communication center relay the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.