Medina County Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper1453

Which scanner will work for Medina County digital Phase I and Phase II P25?

Whistler TRX 1

BCD325P2

BCD436HP

Thank You

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Medina County in Ohio
Also want to be able to hear agencies in Summit and Cuyahoga county
Any of those scanners could be programmed for the neighboring counties. But reception would depend on the distance from your location to the transmit sites; terrain such as hills between you & the site; antenna height at the transmitter; transmit power; whether the system you want to hear (from a neighboring area) is set up to focus only on it's home area. Many of the newer systems are patterned so that their signal is concentrated to cover only their area of jurisdiction, with little signal outside of that (the city or county limits, for example).

That being said, there are some entities in your county and also in Summit & Cuyahoga, that use modes other than Phase I or Phase II P25 (or analog). For example, AMR in Summit is listed as using NXDN, as is E. Cleveland PD (though that also is listed as encrypted). A number of the school districts either use, or are licensed for, NXDN or DMR.

The TRX-1 is the only one of the three units you list currently to have NXDN capability. The TRX-1 also comes, by default, with DMR capability. DMR is available on the two Uniden scanners via a paid upgrade. Uniden currently does have have a NXDN upgrade.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
Any of those scanners could be programmed for the neighboring counties. But reception would depend on the distance from your location to the transmit sites; terrain such as hills between you & the site; antenna height at the transmitter; transmit power; whether the system you want to hear (from a neighboring area) is set up to focus only on it's home area. Many of the newer systems are patterned so that their signal is concentrated to cover only their area of jurisdiction, with little signal outside of that (the city or county limits, for example).

That being said, there are some entities in your county and also in Summit & Cuyahoga, that use modes other than Phase I or Phase II P25 (or analog). For example, AMR in Summit is listed as using NXDN, as is E. Cleveland PD (though that also is listed as encrypted). A number of the school districts either use, or are licensed for, NXDN or DMR.

The TRX-1 is the only one of the three units you list currently to have NXDN capability. The TRX-1 also comes, by default, with DMR capability. DMR is available on the two Uniden scanners via a paid upgrade. Uniden currently does have have a NXDN upgrade.
I never hear amr on my trx1 do they even transmit on that frequency anymore or did they move to phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.