Medivac from PEI to NB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve1sef

Ambulance NB operates a airplane is listed in the data base as 138.6900
Emergency Health Services Nova Scotia operates a helicopter and a plane.
EHSNS Lifeflight operates on the NS Aliant Trunk system. You'd need to
program the closest tower sites to your location and the talk group
in a trunk tracking scanner.
All information can be found in the database.

novascotian

Anyone who listens to the Nova Scotia air ambulance system might be interested to know that whereas the helicopter identifies on the aero band with its registration/call letters C-GIMN (usually spoken as India Mike November), the airplane identifies with an airliner type call sign... Speedair 810... and of course when involved in an incident they both add "Medevac" after the call sign.

The airplane, a King Air, has a great registration mark/call letters C-GEHS... It belongs to Provincial Airlines and while it is painted in the EHS colours, it might be that it can be used for other things.. somehow I can't imagine this plane just sits around with a crew waiting for a call. The helicopter is in much more use than the airplane.... Also for those that don't know, the helicopter belongs to CHC... a huge helicopter company that operates around the world, but is headquartered, and originated, in BC...

I am not sure if either of these aircraft would be very often flying between PEI and NB but you might sometimes hear them helping out.

I have photos of both of these aircraft on my site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.