MedStar Post Locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know Medstar Post Locations. I always hear what post they are suppose to go to. Such as Post18,Post 11. Just curious what areas they go to when on duty. (Macomb County).

freqs

Medstar has just the one location at Joy and N-bound Gratiot that is the dispatch center .
Iam not sure what they mean by post 18 or 11 but they service Clinton Twp Chesterfield Twp Mt Clemens New Baltimore area's if that helps you out any

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
The post location refers to a specific intersection where the units cover from. All units deploy from (start and end their shift at) the location on Gratiot, but I don't believe they have any units that cover from that location. Couldn't tell you what post number corresponds to which intersection. I know quite a few people who work there, but I wouldn't ask them for a list (and they probably wouldn't give it to me) as I work for a competitor.

Most EMS agencies In metro Detroit don't have a dedicated station that they sit at when not on a call. I believe Universal is the only one in this area that still does. Most other services deploy from a central location, but units stand-by at posts in between calls.

Thats ok no big deal. I usually see at least one of the units sit at Meijer or Kmart parking lot here at 23mile road and Gratiot. So I'm guessing that is one Post Location area.

macari77

The post location refers to a specific intersection where the units cover from. All units deploy from (start and end their shift at) the location on Gratiot, but I don't believe they have any units that cover from that location. Couldn't tell you what post number corresponds to which intersection. I know quite a few people who work there, but I wouldn't ask them for a list (and they probably wouldn't give it to me) as I work for a competitor.

Most EMS agencies In metro Detroit don't have a dedicated station that they sit at when not on a call. I believe Universal is the only one in this area that still does. Most other services deploy from a central location, but units stand-by at posts in between calls.

Healthlink at two substation. Station 21 at Fort and Southfield for coverage for the city of Lincoln Park and Station 12, Wayne and Goddard for Romulus converge.
I know Community has some stations for city coverage, as does HVA, MCA, Livingston EMS, Medic One use to have a station in Highland Park.
The substation are usually just for one truck and used only for rescue for the particular city there in.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber

lol

not like the old days 24 hour shifts, stations, tv and real beds

MoonMedic

I work for Medstar. Since we use numbers now I probably shouldnt give ya exact locations. and our posts will vary depending on how many cars we have available. I can tell ya that we cover emergency for Mt clemens, clinton twp, macomb twp, chesterfield, new baltimore, and the south end of ray. Our main station is at Joy n gratiot, however we do not status there. Havent had stations for awhile. We used to have on on seaden in chesterfield and one in Ira, however we no longer transport for ira (FD is doing it now)

ThePlank

12 = Hall Rd/North Ave
13 = Cass Ave/Groesbeck Hwy
14 = 23 Mile Rd/North Ave
15 = 21 Mile Rd/Romeo Plank
16 = 23 Mile Rd/Gratiot Ave
18 = 19 Mile Rd/Garfield Rd
24 = 23 Mile Rd/Jefferson Ave
35 = 16 Mile Rd/Groesbeck Hwy
50 = 22 Mile Rd/Gratiot Ave
51 = 24 Mile Rd/Romeo Plank

These are the main status points for posting. Happy scanning.

Rexem

I worked at Medstar not so long ago. I wouldn't see why any one over there would object to the status points being known. They didn't switch to post numbers to hide unit locations. I miss my old friends, wish it would have been a better situation inside that dark room. Medstar does have the best communications supervisor I have had the opportunity to work with. If I had it to do over I would have handled things different thats for sure, I learned alot from everyone in there. It is by far the best EMS provider in S.E. Mich, IMO. Great medics. Sorry I had to get that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.