Meet Lindsay Blanton, Gommert Buysen, and Richard Barnett at the Dayton Hamvention

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Scanner Master Corp. will be at its usual inside booth 402-403 this year at the Dayton Hamvention which runs Thursday through Sunday, May 15-18.

The world's largest convention of amateur radio operators, scanner and shortwave enthusiasts is held each year at the Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio.

We have a special guest this year: Lindsay Blanton, owner of RadioReference.com, will be at our booth Friday 1:00-3:00 PM and Saturday 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Be sure to stop by and talk with Lindsay about how the powerful features of his outstanding web site can work for you. Lindsay will be signing up new subscribers for premium subscriptions for $20/year, $10 off the regular price.

Also returning to our booth, Gommert Buysen, President of BuTel Software. Gommert will have a live demonstration of our multi-scanner control software “ScannerStation” as well as new software for GRE as well as Uniden scanners.

The full GRE and Uniden scanner lines will be available.

We’ll be showing many new and unique scanner accessories from DD Amtek of the Czech Republic, Jim, Waters & Stanton, Watson and others including pre-amplifiers, filters, antennas and much more.

Hope to see you in Dayton!

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Lindsay will be signing up new subscribers for premium subscriptions for $20/year, $10 off the regular price.

Would be nice if long time subscribers would get this kind of recognitions too.
Steve

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not going to be able to make it this year, darn it. Better wear your flakjacket, Lindsay!
:.>>

Seriously though have an enjoyable trip - try not to bring home too many goodies, hi

73 Mike

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
ka3jjz said:
I'm not going to be able to make it this year, darn it. Better wear your flakjacket, Lindsay!
:.>>

Seriously though have an enjoyable trip - try not to bring home too many goodies, hi

73 Mike
Hello,

I go to Dayton every two or three years and I went last year. It looks like I missed the AOR AR Alpha display in 2006 and now meeting LB in 2008. I guess even numbers are better than odd like the original Star Trek movies.

73 Eric

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Saint said:
Lindsay will be signing up new subscribers for premium subscriptions for $20/year, $10 off the regular price.

Would be nice if long time subscribers would get this kind of recognitions too.
Steve

It would be nice also if my mobile phone carrier would give me a new $300 phone for free too, like they do for new subscribers. After all, I've been a loyal customer of theirs for years!

Seriously, there's nothing new about (or wrong with) a promotional price to attract new customers. It happens all the time. Besides, we "long time subscribers" got quite a nice deal when the subscription model took effect - I got about 3 months free at the current rate. Others (who had donated more) got a lot longer than that! In a world of $500 scanners and $65 software, $30 a year is a welcome bargain.

-AZ

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
I wish I could go as well, would have been a pleasure meeting Lindsay Rich and Gommert. Have fun everyone!

FPO703

I'd go there just to meet Lindsay. But, if I don't have the gas $$$$$$$$.......

Gotta double check with the boss, I mean wife.

hoser147

Within an hour drive never made it there yet, hopefully Ill make it there this year, had it on the calender for a month. Hope to see ya all there.................Hoser

KB8KOJ

Premium Subscriber
Nice meeting you guys... having a blast with the new software and site premium functions! Sure has made the new toy more enjoyable.

k8mcn

Lindsay @ Dayton

Well guys, I met Lindsay at Dayton today! It was a pleasure meeting him, BUT,gee whiz,he is so young, or am i really getting that old???????
Anyway, he was very gracious and informative, so hats off to our Webmaster!!!!!!!!!!!

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Yeah Wasn't that something, so clean cut and a sharp looking young man! Lindsay it was a pleasure to finally shake the hand of the man that designed this awesome website. I am pround to support you here, thanks again for everything and thanks for coming to Dayton!

k8mcn

Sorry didn't bring the camera, but it did happen!!!!!
Would like to know Lindsay's impression of the Hamvention.For all of you that have attended the event you know that the variety of people there runs the whole gamut of the human population (thats trying to put it nicely)...........also wondered, and also hope that he signed up lots of premium subscribers...
Seemed that the crowd was down a little, and the bargains were also down a little.....

But did notice that a couple new SDR radios were on the scene--betcha 40 years from now our kids will look at solid state stuff the way we look at old tube type stuff (gotta have one of those old pro 96 scanners to set on my display shelf ha ha)

some guy was liquidating a silent keys scanner collection--the guy must have bought ten of everything and kept them in the box..............several new Robyn teaberry and bearcast crystal rigs going for 10.00 bucks

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Smerri said:
Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

Glad it was a good experience. Would love to attend something like this.

Here's the proof!

1. Lindsey at the Scannermaster Booth.
2. Suit Sat 6 visits the All Ohio Scanner Club Booth.

Attachments

• lblanton2.jpg
    lblanton2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 993
  • suitsat6a.jpg
    suitsat6a.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 824

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
I caught up with Lindsay, Gommert and someone else that none of you have mentioned..

Don Starr! He was working at the GRE booth. Very nice fella.

Of course I had to help support Gommert. I bought ARC396 from him at the booth.

Nice meeting you guys! :) Keep up the great work.

KR4BD

Add me to the list that met Lindsay. I went by the booth several times and he was always busy but finally caught him free. While there, I renewed my membership to RR for another year, too. I know Lindsay previously said he was not a ham.... But, I wonder if he might look into getting a license after being around so many hams this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.