Meeting Location???

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0FPY

Has anyone been to Park Tavern in St. Louis Park? On their web site they show that there are 2 party rooms that are free until 6:00 PM. The 11th Frame or Atrium. They have wireless internet so this is a possible location for meetings if we meet on Saturday Afternoons. What do you think?

N0FPY

kc0net

Premium Subscriber
meeting location

The Park Tavern was one of the places I tried to get. It was not available at the time. It would be a very good choice. Also, Saturday afternoon is a better time than at night.
Frank

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I like the Hugo idea, but not the Saturday afternoon. If it were in the afternoon, perhaps a Sunday afternoon. I'd imagine Sundays would be easier to book.

911scanner

How about somewhere in the northern part of the cities like in hugo or lino lakes for a change

I do understand the convenience (or inconvenience) factor for those on the outskirts one way or another. Keeping this in mind, for trying to make it convenient for everyone vs. a few, does it not make sense to get as close to the "bulls eye" as possible?

A (very) northern metro location like Hugo would be awfully far and inconvenient for someone from say, Rosemount, or Lakeville don't you think?

I myself am close to the bulls eye, so anything at either end would be equally far for me :)

MM

if we have the meeting in the north suburbs.The next meeting should be in the southern suburbs and the meeting following that should be in the eastern or western suburbs..We need to just even out the locations so EVERYONE can have a opportunity to attend aleast one meeting.

skile

FREE meeting rooms

I'd like to suggest that the Hennepin County Libraries offer FREE meeting rooms to local non-profit groups. I suspect the policy would be similar in other area libraries as well.

Hennepin County Libraries with meeting rooms are located throughout the county, have free wireless internet and free parking. Many are located on bus lines. Most libraries are open Monday through Thursday evenings and Saturdays, some are even open on Sundays.

The wyoming and the forest Lake librarys has the same exact rooms also...So its settled ..we will meet at one of the above places..So lets pick a date and time

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
However, food is nice to have at the meeting, particularly if its in the evening.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
The cornerstone in wyoming has awsome food there

I don't think there would be a very good turnout with a meeting that far north. It wouldn't bother me at all, but it's not that far for me. Location isn't really a big deal for me anyway since I drive all day for work, anywhere in the metro area would be just fine with me.

I just think the meetings should be held in a more central location (probably inside the 494/694 loop) so it's more convenient for everyone rather than just a select few.

If you really want a meeting up in the Forest Lake/Wyoming area, go ahead and set one up yourself. I would go and I'm sure a few others would as well, but many more people will probably show up if it's in a more central location.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
If we were to have it in the Hugo area Sertinos has a free meeting room with wifi that can accommodate up to 30 people.

But I do agree with Raven, we should probably have it at a more central location.

N0FPY

Meeting Locations

Anyone is welcome to set this up. If you have a location in mind, feel free. If there is enough notice I may be able to change my work schedule. I try to move it around but I don't know every place that meets our needs.

signguy10

White Bear Lake isn't much more central, but the new restaurant off of 4th St and 61, Manitou Station has a meeting room. It slipped my mind to ask if they had wi-fi, I can call them if I need too.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I have a feeling Manitou Station charges for their meeting room. But it's worth a call.

signguy10

I have a feeling Manitou Station charges for their meeting room. But it's worth a call.

I finally got an email back and they do charge for the room, so I guess thats out of the question..

On a side note, is anybody willing to put this together? It doesn't seem like we are getting far. I will help plan it or totally plan it if need be. Let me know.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I dont know if it's suspect. But Wyoming is way north for most people that attend our meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.