Meeting of the minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog

Ok, here goes. I was wondering if anyone in the OKC metro area would like to get together and have lunch, or coffee (I don't drink coffee but it would work.) My goal is to meet people in the hobby that know more than I do. Granted I don't know much but I want to learn, And what we don't know we can research and learn as a team. Nothing fancy just a time to meet some fellow hobbiest and have a good time discussing the scanning hobby.

I am open to "No", or "I am to busy", or we could work out some details here. If its just a plain dumb idea that no one is interested in I understand that also. I think it would be a fun time and me personally know no one in the area that is interested in the hobby so I go from what I read on the internet, books, and what I figure out on my own.

I guess since I don't hang out in bars anymore I am looking for a social get together,

All hobbist in the area lets get together.

Dog

My first thought was Barnes and Noble on May. It's a little drive for me but if it was close to anyone else it could work. My second thought would be a library in the genreal area close to the majority.

Any input is welcome if anyone is interested.

foster_006

i'd be intrested! And a book store of some sort sounds good too! I work usually during the day and my days off are tuesday and wednesday...so I'd be free then! There is also a place called Borders on Northwest Expwy, i've never been in there but that may be a good place as well. If you want, you can email me and let me know...otherwise I can check the board!

Thanks,
Brandon

N5TWB

If the timing is right for my schedule, I would like to attend. I'll keep checking back on this thread for what is decided.

Dog

Someone start throwing some dates and times out maybe we can find sometime good for everyone.

i am free most afternoons, any day.

davev55

Meeting of the minds?

So since I was just read this thread, have there been any such meetings taken place?
I wouldnt mind showing up to to barnes and noble or borders
Thanks
David

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Why not meet at a local bowling center, have pizza and bowl a few games, talking about the hobby of scanning? I've done it before and it's fun.

73's

Ron

Dog

Anyone free thursday? around 6 or 7 maybe? I know where barnes and noble is at, but i am sure i could find borders if that would be easier.

WhatsnOKC

Premium Subscriber
How about we give it 2 or 3 weeks after we toss around dates so everyone can look at their schedules and make sure they have the day off? This Sunday would be fine though.

Dog

Any sunday is good for me, if its during the week I need 4 or 5 days notice. Anyone else want to throw some dates and times out there?

foster_006

I realize no one has talked about this in a long time, but I think everyone has had time to think about it.

Just a casual meeting to talk, eat, drink your choice beverage, and show off toys! :)

I'm going to set a date for Tuesday, October 19th at around 6:30-7pm ish...at either:

Applewoods
2747 W. Memorial Road

or

The Original Varsity
NW 63rd and Western Ave.

If anyone else is interested please advise. The time, date, and location are flexible...so feel free to offer suggestions.

foster_006

NewbombTurk

Sounds good to me. My g/f works odd shifts so I will try to get with you.
The Varsity sounds great! Adult beverages and such.

I'll keep tabs on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.