Mega Center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdz

Feed Provider
Ok, perhaps I'm just crazy... but I bought an MTS 2000 off of ebay awhile back, and one of the frequencies preprogrammed in it says "Fed Channel". I have been getting traffic locally here in Columbus on it, but since I don't have the software for the radio yet, I have no idea what the frequency is. I know its not DCFS, or Rickenbacker. It sounds kind of digital, has a bit of a worrble to it. They seem to check in on the hour, with unit numbers like G501C. They also refer to dispatch as the "Mega Center" . Anybody have a clue as to what this may be.

jpryor

The Department of Homeland Security "Federal Protective Service" repeater on 415.2000 MHz (PL 103.5). FPS is basically security services for federal buildings and "Mega Center" is their consolidated dispatch facility.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Mega Center

Here in the Cleveland area they also do hourly roll calls to "Mega Center" which also sometimes goes by "Battlecreek". I often see the GSA cars on I-90 coming and going from Cleveland.

They had a stove fire in some Fed instalation last week, it was sort of funny to listen to them scramble around.

Status
Not open for further replies.