Meigs and McMinn Counties Digital Radio Issues and Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachgallop

It seems that Meigs County Sheriff’s Office has left the TACN System and moved to the Dalton Communications System/Tennessee Fleetalk System. However, they are having issues with it because I have seen comments where people affiliated with the agencies that use the system say they have nothing but trouble, that their portables barely work, and their mobile radios do not work much better. But my primary question is, does anyone else know if any other agencies in Meigs County moved off the TACN system onto the Dalton Communications System? Is Meigs Sheriff Dispatch that encrypted TG of 437 listed as an unknown Law Enforcement agency in the Tennessee Fleetalk system? Also, does anyone know why Meigs County Sheriff’s Office changed from TACN to the NXDN System? It also seems like some of the McMinn County agencies using the NXDN system are having issues with the system. If anyone is interested about the radio issues that they are having, you can find the posts, comments, and videos being shared publicly on Facebook.

zachgallop

Search “McMinn Radio System” in the search box and you should get some results relating to it under posts after you filter where it sees most recent posts first. You should be able to find most of the rest of the comments from the original post from shares and the comments underneath that post. There’s some additional posts if you look on down.

Last edited:

wirr

Database Admin
I believe that 437 is Meigs County Sheriff. It plays on sites 10 and 23. Site 40 is at the Meigs Sheriff Office. Site 41 is probably also in Meigs County.

CAR-224A

Ø Czar
Search “McMinn Radio System” in the search box and you should get some results relating to it under posts after you filter where it sees most recent posts first. You should be able to find most of the rest of the comments from the original post from shares and the comments underneath that post. There’s some additional posts if you look on down.
Worst thing they ever did was trust Dalton Communications. They are to busy putting up new sites for customers that will never use them rather than taking care of their current ones.

They need to ditch the NXDN system, apply for a grant, and join TACN. Like all of their partner agencies have done.

radiocrazy123

I believe that 437 is Meigs County Sheriff. It plays on sites 10 and 23. Site 40 is at the Meigs Sheriff Office. Site 41 is probably also in Meigs County.

Are you just making this up as you go? If you have personal knowledge of this then why haven't you updated the DB? Site-41 is not listed.

Why can't I DM anyone? Or is it just me?

radiocrazy123

They need to ditch the NXDN system, apply for a grant, and join TACN. Like all of their partner agencies have done.

The least you could do is know facts before commenting.

McMinn County has had 200+ XTS 2500 radios sitting @ the EMA office for years paid for with a DHS grant. They are programmed for all countywide agencies and interop (This is where the DB got all the published McMinn TACN talkgroups that you never hear anything out of). The radios are active radios on the system still as they sit in their dusty pelican cases. EMA-1 and Chief-1 refuse to go TACN, because they hate 700/800. They wanted to stay UHF and purchased the UHF Kenwoods through a COVID-19 relief grant (unlawful I know) $85K with a 5 year contract.

Last edited:

radiocrazy123

McMinn Rescue-13, Engine-3, DC-3, and DC-4 all have TACN radios. They use them for Mutual Aid response outside the county and sometimes admin talk within the county. But other then that they are told not to talk on those radios as a primary means.

The entire county FD uses the UHF analog dispatch channel as talk-around talk, sometimes fireground, and traffic control.

There is a fireground channel on the NXDN Trunked system but unknown talkgroup number and is not being used currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.