Meigs Co OH MARCS / Pro-197 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone, I have a RS Pro-197 with the latest firmware and I scan the sites in Meigs County Oh for MARCS. I have several talkgroups in the scanner and sometimes a talkgroup will come on the screen and no audio will come across. Then later on the same talkgroup will show up and audio will come across. Did I miss a setting somewhere or can someone tell me why the scanner does that.

RonnieUSA

Hello Everyone, I have a RS Pro-197 with the latest firmware and I scan the sites in Meigs County Oh for MARCS. I have several talkgroups in the scanner and sometimes a talkgroup will come on the screen and no audio will come across. Then later on the same talkgroup will show up and audio will come across. Did I miss a setting somewhere or can someone tell me why the scanner does that.
Have You entered the rebanding info?
It has to be done with software.
Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.

Last edited:

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I went and did that because a few weeks ago I lost all MARCS activity and that is what it was.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin

Sometimes if a signal is marginal you won't get the audio as there isn't enough voice information available for the scanner to process. This is especially true when monitoring multiple tower sites some of which may be on the edge of your receiving range (it's particularly noticeable during inclement weather).

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
I only have 2 sites I monitor.... both are very close.

I went in through the software and deleted the system and re-added it and so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.