Melfort SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey guys, just working up in Melfort on a work project, figured I’d bring my HP2 for some entertainment. Set it to search for new TGID and I found 6162 on the PPSTN. The unit was identifying himself as FO811. Not sure what it is as they haven’t said anything else while I’m here.

Just curious if anyone knows something about it?

Thanks!

Okay, I’ll keep the scanner running over night and into the morning. The units I heard logged off for the day so I’m hoping to hear them signing on in the AM. They did say “dispatch” and use 10 codes so I’m sure it’s something worth while.

I’m hoping to know in the morning!

ryan433pk

Actually you jogged my memory. I've been picking up 6162 off and on for a few years. Even in Big River back in 2017

A RR user sent me this message in 2018

Had a unit go 10-7 for the evening on 6162 on Site 19

Identified as Foxtrot Oscar 729 - No RID's from the recording

Okay, I listen to my new findings and so far I’ve learned 10-36 means on duty and 10-37 means going off duty.

This morning two units with the same Foxtrot Oscar ID’s radioed in and gave their vehicle types, licence plates, cell phones numbers and where they're going for the day.

Possibly a form of forestry enforcement? The one girl did mention she was traveling from Melfort to the Ft.Alcaren forest? Elcaren forest? Couldn’t tell you how it’s spelled or even properly pronounced but that’s what I’ve got so far.

After listening a little more, I’m leaving more towards fire units. The Foxtrot Oscar would make sense that way and the one unit this morning said he was going to sector papa which is the northern fire sector.

I’m just speculating at this point but that’s my guess until I hear more.

I'm thinking FO# is Forestry Officer # ? Fort a' la Corne is a Provincial Forest and Wildlife Management unit located in RM# 488 north of the river between P.A. and Nipawin.
Forestry Officers monitor provincial forests for commercial logging operations, Pine Beetle infestations, fire damage and other activities.

Thanks for your help with this talkgroup information. We now know who is using this talkgroup. PAPA is the Prince Albert forest to the south west of P.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.