Member fmon passed away at age 74 / Jan. 14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caddop22

Fmon

I had the pleasure to speak to Frank about a dozen times via telephone. Some were about scanners, some were just to see how he was doing. I hope that everyone on this site remembers and does what he did. I told him once that some of the people on this site act like they were born knowing how scanners work and he said to me "You will get that" He was a good man, let us all be mentors now. Peace be with you

kc4jgc

Sad to hear he didn't make it through his illness. I echo what everyone has said. Though I only had eyes on him once, we had talked several times on the telephone and exchanged many e-mails over the years. Along with all the tireless mentoring he had done here, he was also a page editor of the Hampton Roads Scanner Page, helping me keep Suffolk and western Tidewater up to date as well as authoring the STARS page.

Frank will be sorely missed but never forgotten. I've just dedicated the HRSP Suffolk page to his memory.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Just now finding out about this and I am deeply saddened by his passing. As others have said he helped so many on here, including myself, and did it for the love of the hobby. May he Rest in Peace.

ScannaMan9

Sorry

It is my sad responsibility to inform the members that Frank passed away. He was informed daily that the members were praying for him, and smiled when told. I will miss him!

Frank E. MONROE Obituary: View Frank MONROE's Obituary by Daily Press

Sorry for your loss. Miss Frank already. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Salute!!
Thank you all for your service! :)

Quote- loumaag:
As of yesterday evening, all three of the original folks we identified have accepted the title, one has already commented here in the topic. We (the staff) are not looking to add to the ranks of the mentors in any sort of rush, as we find folks who seem to be mentoring others (especially new folks), we will keep them under observation and at some point ask them if they want to be so identified.

The three folks we initially designated as mentors are:
captclint -- Clint
fmon -- Frank
kb0nly -- Scott
We aren't looking for nominations, nor will we consider self-promotion.

Last edited:

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Wow I know that this is July but I just stumbled upon this,I did not know he had passed away back in January. I enjoyed seeing his posts and I will miss his interactions and I extend my sympathy to his family for this sad loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.