Memorex Blank DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Ok, so a couple weeks ago i got some Memorex blank DVD's to do some video file burning and all went well. A couple weeks later, none of those DVD's will work, meaning im not able to burn anything to them. I know nothing is wrong with my burner so i decide to take a look at the blank DVD's. On everyone of the DVD's it has a very thin circle around it as if something tried to burn but failed. These are DVD's that have never been used, and when i first bought them they worked perfect and did not have the ring around it (this was the reason i bought these because my previous one's did the same thing). So, what could be damaging these DVD's?

Thanks!!

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I just get that the burn process failed. Like i said, they have that thin circle line around them as if they were already used or something had been burned but they have not been used. They worked when i first got them but after some time thats when i noticed the circle around.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I think its just a crap brand (Bought from Wal-Mart). I use a totally different brand and everything runs smoothly with no issues at all.

Thayne

Don't buy any "Windata" brand disks. I needed some DL discs fast one day so I bought these at Micro Center. About 50% of them errored out.
It seems like good DL disks are getting harder to find & more expensive. Sams club used to have memorex but don't carry any DL (8.5 gig) disks anymore.

mancow

Database Admin
This is exactly what I encountered last week. I found one or two in the entire stack that worked. They all had that ring that you mentioned too. I used some Maxell brand ones next time and they work fine.

CapStar362

i use memorex all the time, matter fact thats the ONLY brand that i use. are you using Windows to burn or a 3rd party program?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
i use memorex all the time, matter fact thats the ONLY brand that i use. are you using Windows to burn or a 3rd party program?

Used windows and a 3rd party. None seemed to work. Also used some blank CD's and they too did not work, but as soon as i used a different brand it worked smoothly.

Last edited:

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I used Nero 10 and only thing, from what i can see, that it gives me is just a message that the burn process failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.