Memorial Hospital New Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASA

HI All!

Memorial Hospital Colorado Springs has new radios, Motorola XPR7550E DMR. They are UHF/VHF not 800 Mhz. I think they are no longer using the State Of Colorado DTR system. Anyone know what freq. they are using? The hospital is run by University of Colorado Hospital on lease from the City of Colorado Springs.

Al
USASA

USASA

DMR ICK!

HI All!

Thanks MtnBiker. Now has anyone had any luck in programming Memorial in to their scanner? I am going nuts I tried everything I can think of and nothing works for me. Yes I have only had the scanner since Monday. I do not understand DMR at all. Help.

Al
USASA

Mick

All talkgroups heard so far are encoded, and scanner radios will not decode them.

HI All!

Thanks MtnBiker. Now has anyone had any luck in programming Memorial in to their scanner? I am going nuts I tried everything I can think of and nothing works for me. Yes I have only had the scanner since Monday. I do not understand DMR at all. Help.

Al
USASA

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It looks like they switched over to DMR roughly around May & June of this year.

HI All!

Al
USASA

I have not listened to the system myself, but Memorial Hospital might use some type of privacy (encryption) based on the ambiguous "Encoded" note for their frequencies. If this is the case, then there is really not much you can do to listen to them on a scanner. Hopefully someone who has tried to monitor them can confirm this.

It sounds like you have the 536HP, have you purchased and applied the DMR upgrade per the instruction found at this page?

Mick

My BCD536HP shows "ENC" when an active TG shows on the screen while monitoring the Memorial Hospital freqs, I am unable to hear clear voice, and I list the TG as encoded.

It looks like they switched over to DMR roughly around May & June of this year.

I have not listened to the system myself, but Memorial Hospital might use some type of privacy (encryption) based on the ambiguous "Encoded" note for their frequencies. If this is the case, then there is really not much you can do to listen to them on a scanner. Hopefully someone who has tried to monitor them can confirm this.

It sounds like you have the 536HP, have you purchased and applied the DMR upgrade per the instruction found at this page?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
My BCD536HP shows "ENC" when an active TG shows on the screen while monitoring the Memorial Hospital freqs, I am unable to hear clear voice, and I list the TG as encoded.

Thanks for clearing that up. "ENC" means encrypted and is much clearer that it cannot be monitored. "Encoded" could have meant that it is DMR encoded and requires a DMR scanner to decode it, hence why I was unsure.

Last edited:

USASA

Thanks to All

Hi again!

That is kind or what I though, encrypted, like there is something to hide. I just think they will have a problem in a disaster how they will communicate with 1st responders that are U\under the state DTRS? That was the whole idea of the state system. Police, fire, city bus, utilities ever feds could talk to each other without problems. Just a thought!

Al
USASA

USASA

Need DMR programming

Hi all!

Someone who really understands DMR programming in Sentinel, really needs to make a YouTube video "A IDIOTS GUIDE TO DMR PROGRAMMING" I know I really need it. I am very confused, which does not take much.

Al
USASA

USASA

DMR LCN

HI All!

Here I go again! Does anyone know the LCN's for ST. Francis DMR freq.'s? I attempted to find them using my BCD536HP but all I got was "6". No freq. no other information, just "6".That it was one freq. (which freq. who knows) and no other LCN for the other freq.'s. I feel like I am beating my head against the wall. YouTube was no help, never any details. Frustration! I just don't get it. It is not for a lack of trying.

Thanks to all.
Al
USASA

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
There are few DMR systems on VHF, and present equipment is only one band, usually UHF. With one VHF exception. all DMR in my area operates on 400 to 480 mhz, which includes both commercial and amateur frequencies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_mobile_radio may help understand what you need to know.

That's a bit inaccurate. DMR systems aren't UHF because they're DMR... They're UHF because DMR is meant for businesses, not public safety... and most business licenses are UHF. As public safety use becomes more common, VHF systems will also become more common.

All talkgroups heard so far are encoded, and scanner radios will not decode them.

Encoded, or encrypted? Only a few scanners can decode DMR digital.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
That's a bit inaccurate. DMR systems aren't UHF because they're DMR... They're UHF because DMR is meant for businesses, not public safety... and most business licenses are UHF. As public safety use becomes more common, VHF systems will also become more common.

Of course, depending on where you are, that will change.

VHF DMR is the most prevalent around here. We've got numerous standalone repeaters, IP Site Connect systems and Capacity Plus systems on VHF.

n1das

Encoded, or encrypted? Only a few scanners can decode DMR digital.

DMR can also be decoded with an SDR dongle and software and by software such as DSD+ with discriminator tap audio. Anything receiving DMR traffic and hearing the garbled audio of encryption in use IS decoding DMR correctly. The difference is it's not decrypting the encrypted voice data. Encoding/decoding and encryption/decryption are two different things.

The real reason most DMR is UHF whether for business or public safety is because the majority of land mobile radio worldwide is UHF from 380-470MHz. Note that whenever a manufacturer introduces a new line of radios, the UHF models are always introduced first. UHF is where the majority of the market is. The VHF models follow later on to serve the (smaller) niche markets for VHF.

USASA

Thanks for the info

Hi All!

The learning curve on DMR (for me) is long and hard. I can not still get St. Francis or Memorial Hospitals systems to run. I fill in all blanks, I put in all info, I change Digital Threshold Mode to Manual,8. I have all of the freq.'s in, I put in Color Codes, I change modulation to FM, I put in Talk Groups, I put in TDMA Slots. But nothing. I know they are active because I have someone on the inside who has a company radio I hear his radio but nothing at my end. I can not get any DMR to work. Frustration rains!
If anyone has either of these working please tell me how you did it. I can not even get Current to run. So far I feel that the DMR up grade was a waste of money!!!!!

Al
USASA

USASA

Thanks

HI Burner50!

Ok now I program or run preprogramed DMR and nothing. Colorado, El Paso county has one preprogramed DMR system, Current. I put in to my Favorites list. I load it into the scanner, hooked up to my Discone Antenna, everything but the DMR pops up. Frustrated!

Thanks again.
Al
USASA

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
HI Burner50!

Ok now I program or run preprogramed DMR and nothing. Colorado, El Paso county has one preprogramed DMR system, Current. I put in to my Favorites list. I load it into the scanner, hooked up to my Discone Antenna, everything but the DMR pops up. Frustrated!

Thanks again.
Al
USASA

If it's this system...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8666

It doesn't appear to have any sites in El Paso County.

USASA

Nope

Hi All!

No that is not it is in the El Paso county listing, Current which is listed will not pick up anything. Then I have programed (which is not listed) Penrose hospital, Memorial hospital, Falcon school dist. (I live very close to the school) and a number of El Paso County DMR sites that are listed in "DMR Frequency Search" I tweak, adjust and fudge and NADA. I can not get DMR programming to work. I hear DMR stations when I do a search but to program them NADA! I am missing something, I know it has to be me because others on the web make it work with Sentinel.

Al
USASA

Status
Not open for further replies.