Memory card add-on Pro 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accomac

Hello,

Years ago I installed an extra memory board in my Pro 2006 that allowed the unit to remember frequencies found in a search, just like a BC-250.

If I remember the board was made by Diamond Systems, but I may be wrong about that. In any event I no longer have the manual for that board and long since have forgotten how to program it to work using the existing keypad on the Pro.

Has anyone ever seen this mod or have a manual they could scan and send me?

Thank you,

Accomac

sjlamb

Hello,

Years ago I installed an extra memory board in my Pro 2006 that allowed the unit to remember frequencies found in a search, just like a BC-250.

If I remember the board was made by Diamond Systems, but I may be wrong about that. In any event I no longer have the manual for that board and long since have forgotten how to program it to work using the existing keypad on the Pro.

Has anyone ever seen this mod or have a manual they could scan and send me?

Thank you,

Accomac

The product that you are referring to was called the "PS-90 Auto Search and Store" module and was produced by Key Research in 1991. You may find more info. in Bill Cheek's Scanner Modification Vol. 2 or 3

Accomac

Thanks for the correction. Sadly I had one of Bills books but it got damaged and had to be tossed out. At least I know who made the board.

Regards,

Accomac

LesWurk

There were 2 versions, a 45 and a 90. I have one in a Pro2004 but can not find the directions nor do I remember how to use it anymore. Its mentioned is Bill Cheek's first book but no instructions given, just that it exists. Thinking Monitoring Times might have a review on it.

LesWurk

Found the instructions for the Key Research Co. Power Search and Store Module PS-90.

To activate it press and hold the down limit search button for 5 seconds.

Manual, Scan or program buttons exit the search and store.

Accomac

Thanks Les

Found the instructions for the Key Research Co. Power Search and Store Module PS-90.

To activate it press and hold the down limit search button for 5 seconds.

Manual, Scan or program buttons exit the search and store.

Thank you Les, isn't there more to it than that? I know there was a way to select what portion of the Pro memory would be used up by searching and there is a way to only use the 10 channel banks to store only 10 freqs. Is there a way you can scan the manual and post it or email it to me?

Thanks!

Accomac

LesWurk

Thank you Les, isn't there more to it than that? I know there was a way to select what portion of the Pro memory would be used up by searching and there is a way to only use the 10 channel banks to store only 10 freqs. Is there a way you can scan the manual and post it or email it to me?

Thanks!

Send me a PM with your email, its about 500 kb.

Accomac

Thanks Les

But right now I don't have the option to send you a PM it has been disabled, maybe because I am new to the forum. After I post a few more times I am hoping it will be enabled, then I can send you a PM.

I appreciate your kindness and as soon as things get changed I will be PM'ing you!

73 Accomac

LesWurk

But right now I don't have the option to send you a PM it has been disabled, maybe because I am new to the forum. After I post a few more times I am hoping it will be enabled, then I can send you a PM.

I appreciate your kindness and as soon as things get changed I will be PM'ing you!

73 Accomac

I can't send you a PM either, get this message

"Accomac has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Ditto for emailing you.

Accomac

Les,

I am very sorry I have looked at every topic in the USER CP and I don't see anything that relates to PM's or email from others.

If it is somehow disabled by the administrators I can't control that.

Use this email for your attachment foronetimeusetoday@hotmail.com

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.