BCD436HP: Memory Management suggestions for PS comms user?

jparks29

I'm used to commercial radio, picked up a 436HP for $66 from a drug seizure auction. Yeah, great deal, I know.. But I'm having an issue. I don't want to use it as a scanner per say, more like a monitor for trunked radio systems.

There are a couple of goals I have in mind.

1. Program as much like a radio as possible, so I can monitor a single talkgroup, or a small group of talkgroups, and easily switch between them, based on geographic area but without GPS, for example, I'm in Town A, I only want to listen to Town A PD, and North Sherrif that covers Town A, I don't want Town A,B,C, etc. the issue is, I have 328 (exaggerating) 'Town A', so using a quick key won't work that great, and pausing the scan and manually holding on a talkgroup doesn't help if I'm trying to monitor multiple talkgroups. I'm used to a zone/channel assignment, and I'd like to replicate that as much as possible.

2. Remote control, so I can semi-permanently mount the scanner and control it through my MDC. I believe PROscan was an option, are there any more?

3. I heard there are issues with these scanners and simulcast sites, is it bad enough that using an external antenna is a bad idea?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.