Kenwood: Memory problem, TM271A

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ7CJI

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, just got an old radio up & running and am trying to manually tune but have a problem. So far, after a full reset, I'm not able to program anything into channel 1 or 4, the rest seem to go in just fine. Any ideas??

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Interesting dilema. I have quite a few 271A's and never encountered this issue. Just a few thoughts. Even after the reset, have you tried manually erasing the respective memory channels? I wonder if there's anything unique about the memory contents you're trying to program and have tried '146.520' as a simple test? Are you trying to program something "out of band"?

What appears when you try to program 1 or 4? Does the radio "beep" as it should, does the display change at all?

KJ7CJI

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Shawn, for getting back to me. I'll try manually erasing the channel as you advise. And, no, I'm programming in the 140s, and actually nothing appears...I can't get it to even display channel 1 or 4....just skips them. But I'll be trying again this week when I get a chance.
Thanks again.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, just got an old radio up & running and am trying to manually tune but have a problem. So far, after a full reset, I'm not able to program anything into channel 1 or 4, the rest seem to go in just fine. Any ideas??
I recently dug out my old 271A and have had problems with programming... have tried two different cords, and two different software programs and part of the channels just "aren't there" after uploading to the radio. After erasing and resetting the radio half dozen times I finally just kept sending the file to the radio and got them all to load. General consensus is the epromm is probably going out. never used to have any problems with it, and my newer 281A programs just fine with the same cords and software.

Status
Not open for further replies.