Memory refresher: What has a beep every 10 secs, sounds like an open mike and is a CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacellamaman

sorry to interrupt here folks, just a quick question. this was this best place i could think to post it since its a breakdown in my between -the-ears software. one system is 800mhz the other is 900mhz, both have 2x freqs doing the same thing and both are power company related.

i seem to recall this being some sort of LTR but cannot seem to re-find said info. thanks!

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
sorry to interrupt here folks, just a quick question. this was this best place i could think to post it since its a breakdown in my between -the-ears software. one system is 800mhz the other is 900mhz, both have 2x freqs doing the same thing and both are power company related.

i seem to recall this being some sort of LTR but cannot seem to re-find said info. thanks!

On a Motorola system, it's Failsoft. The system controller has failed and all channels (including the control channel) have reverted to conventional voice. Most talkgroups are assigned a specific system channel as failsoft in the event this happens.

spacellamaman

hmmmm ok well i think of failsoft as a semi-emergency type condition, but since this isn't safety-of-life type stuff, could a system be deliberatly left in such a configuration, or set-up as such. i know it wouldn't make much sense to do so but the fact is these systems have been like this for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.