Memphis - 164th Airlift Wing Fly Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

regression

I just saw the 164th Airlift Wing will do a fly over over different hospitals in the area. They said it is part of their normal flight crew training, so I assume instead of going their normal route, they will fly over hospitals. My question is, does anyone think there could be interesting communications to listen to? If so, do you think they would use regular aviation frequencies or military ones?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Depends on what one feels is interesting. If you have their frequencies why not dial them in and see what you hear.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
If it’s a single ship then prob not much to listen to other than hearing it with ATC. I heard also a KC-135 from Knoxville will also be making the rounds. It would be super cool if they’d join up and do the passes together. If you’re in the Memphis Area you may hear the call ins or departure call on 353.45

Gatorman

Premium Subscriber
353.45 is the TNANG Command Post freq. There is traffic to be heard. Usually, we're inbound with write-ups, need this, that or the other. The rest of their comms would be with ATC, Memphis tower, approach, departure, Elvis callsign, VHF channels vs. UHF.

regression

Thanks everyone. I saw the C-17 and heard them talking to Memphis approach, letting them know what hospital they would be flying to next. I also heard something on 353.45 when they were landing but couldn’t make out what was said.

Status
Not open for further replies.