Memphis MedCom Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If your referring to the Hospital Wing ops MedCom-
Hospital Wing Memphis

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
155.28000 KNHY227 BM 156.7 PL Dispatch, Flight Following FM EMS Dispatch
463.15000 KNHY227 BM 151.4 PL Dispatch, Flight Following FM EMS Dispatch
155.34000 KNHY227 M Ground-to-Air HEAR FM Hospital
155.20500 KNHY227 M Ground-to-Air State EMS FM Interop

From the DeSoto County MS page, verified when I lived in Memphis for a while..

155.20500 KNHY227 BM EMS toMedCom EMS to Med Com Dispatch Memphis FM Hospital

If your referring to the non trunked freqs for Hospital MED communications see the Emergency Services section on this page-
Shelby County, Tennessee (TN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

On many of these, if you get a good ducting event then yes you could hear these.

btritch

I'll see if those help. I was looking for the medcom channel that incoming flights such as Air Evac would use. It may be 340, I'm not sure, But maybe those you gave will help, We'll find out.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I'll see if those help. I was looking for the medcom channel that incoming flights such as Air Evac would use. It may be 340, I'm not sure, But maybe those you gave will help, We'll find out.

Helicopters in the area use 155.280. If they call on another freq, they'll be asked to switch over to 155.280. This is so all choppers in the area will hear each other. Per one of the MedCom Dispatchers.

I dunno about medcom but I know Memphis's 800mHz trunked system can be heard about 30 miles away IIRC. At least that was the case Dec 08 when I drove through on my way to and from Oklahoma. I'm sure the UHF can probably be heard farther depending on the power they're putting out.

ryanturner

Helicopters in the area use 155.280. If they call on another freq, they'll be asked to switch over to 155.280. This is so all choppers in the area will hear each other. Per one of the MedCom Dispatchers.

Yeah, I can confirm that. Hospital wing told my dept to use 280.

And yes, you should be able to hear MedCom dispatch's transmissions in Arkansas. I heard them without any fuzz all the way from Tuscaloosa.

And if I remember correctly, they don't pipe things through a repeater. So, if thats the case...

The helo transmissions will be more identical to a plane talking to tower.

You probably wont hear the funny guys on the ground saying where power lines are, etc.

btritch

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

matthewtomek said:

Great that's what I needed, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.