Memphis/Shelby County EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Has anyone heard them on the published talk groups? They were reported as being involved with the major fire on Brooks Road the last couple of days but I haven't heard a peep out of them on the TGs or their VHF/UHF freqs.

Thank you......

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep they are active. Use control channels from SITE 1 to hear them. I was listening to them all day today and yesterday.

Gatorman

Thanks....not sure what is going on here. I have all of their TGs in my radio. Hearing everything else on the same bank but no EMA. Maybe I'm just missing them but I was listening most of the day yesterday. Strange. 396T.

On site one too.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
I dunno much about the 396, but if you have those talkgroups programmed in and not locked out, you should hear them. They were real sporadic though, not much traffic on them. Mainly just the Command 1 and I heard a couple of transmissions on Command 2. I heard more traffic on the EVT-6D Interop talkgroup than anything else.

ke4ppj

That was some good listening this weekend on that chemical fire. Lots of activity on EMA....firegrounds.....EMS channels and then on Saturday they switched to the Event 6 Interop talk-group.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
It has been very busy for the Memphis Fire Department in the past few days. Friday started off with the 3rd Alarm Haz-Mat fire at 400 East Brooks Road. While relief compnies (1 pumper, 1 truck, 1 chief) were on scene on Brooks Road Saturday morning at 0300, they reported fire coming through the roof and requested a 2nd Alarm.

Saturday, we had a fire at Ashland Chemical on Channel Avenue on President's Island. The fire was stopped pretty quickly by the sprinkler system. According to personnel on scene, if the sprinkler system had not been in place, this would have been another Brooks Road. Saturday afternoon, there was a church fire in South Memphis. Right at about 2330, Saturday night, had a Second Alarm apartment fire on James Road in North Memphis. Had a house fire early Sunday morning also in South Memphis.

Monday, we had a 2nd Alarm Apartment Fire in Southeast Memphis off of Winchester Road. A couple of residents were injured. We also had another fire at Ashland Chemical on Presiden's Island. It, too, was stopped by the sprinkler system. We still have companies on the scene there today. The product inside the business was shipped to them in metal conatiners. That was not supposed to be done because the product has to be so cool, and well, a chemical warehouse in Memphis is just not cool. So, the company is removing the product to a cooler location and we are standing by just in case.

Had another house fire this morning in the Orange Mound area near Lamar and S Parkway. So we'll see what else the day has in store.:cool:

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
I have EMA programmed using Site 1's CCs and I'm not hearing anything either. I even tried keying up some radios we have in the office and still didn't hear anything.

Gatorman

I thought I was losing my mind. Something isn't right. I wonder if the TG's as published are correct. I spoke with an EMA person today and was told they are using their radios all the time.

I wonder how we can get to the bottom of this.

Thank you Matthew!!!!!!!

Gatorman

BTW, I am using site one too. I may try site two if I get a chance. I am using a Uniden 396T. What are you using?

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Gatorman said:
BTW, I am using site one too. I may try site two if I get a chance. I am using a Uniden 396T. What are you using?

I'm using the 396 also. I have EMA set up as a group along with my MFD stuff.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Ive been hearing them fine using site 1, although I haven't been listening the past day or so. They are supposed to be on site 1. Matthew, try using site 2's CC and key up one of those radios and see if the talkgroups pop up. They may still not have everything lined up correctly (site wise). You can still hear some of the SO dispatches on site 2, but that should be going away soon.

But like Neal said before, they are still working out problems with the Smartzone, so that may be part of the issue.

Gatorman

Matthew, I have the TGs set up under Site 1. My radio is broken down by MFD, MPD, SCFD and EMA. I hear everything fine except EMA.

Thomas, thanks for the additional info.

Matthew, are you programming your radio via software? Also, I have never upgraded my firmware. Is it worth doing? Any noticeable differences?

I did have the opportunity to listen to a 796D and the audio was MUCH better on digital transmissions than my 396. I have adjusted the modulation, etc. on the 396 until I'm blue in the face. I'm not sure it isn't a signal strength issue although the 796 was in the same location as my radio.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Gatorman said:
Matthew, I have the TGs set up under Site 1. My radio is broken down by MFD, MPD, SCFD and EMA. I hear everything fine except EMA.

Thomas, thanks for the additional info.

Matthew, are you programming your radio via software? Also, I have never upgraded my firmware. Is it worth doing? Any noticeable differences?

I did have the opportunity to listen to a 796D and the audio was MUCH better on digital transmissions than my 396. I have adjusted the modulation, etc. on the 396 until I'm blue in the face. I'm not sure it isn't a signal strength issue although the 796 was in the same location as my radio.

Yeah, I'm using the BluTel software. I'll play with it some more, but it will be a few more days before I can sit down and play with it.

Gatorman

OK folks. I programmed EMA TG's on my 396 on Site 2. I hear them fine. I am NOT hearing them on Site 1.

Any comments????????

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
Gatorman said:
OK folks. I programmed EMA TG's on my 396 on Site 2. I hear them fine. I am NOT hearing them on Site 1.

Any comments????????

I just programmed them up for site 2 and I'll listen tomorrow. I've heard them before using site 2, but I was told that all emergency communications will go through site 1.

They still have not completely set everything up 100%. You can still hear SC Sheriff dispatches on site 2. And some of the SC Fire dispatches on site 2.

After all is said and done, they should be on site 1. May just take some time.

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
They are in fact using Site 2. I programmed the EMA talkgroups using Site 1 and Site 2, went to work and keyed up on a couple of their talkgroups, and heard it all on Site 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.