Memphis TACN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorman

Curious if anyone is monitoring TACN in the Memphis area? What scanner are you using and what modes are they running here? Thanks for your help.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Currently in the Memphis area the TACN is mostly P25 Phase 1 (THP, TWRA, TDOT, ECT) THP Dispatch 1 is in the clear OPS 1 is in the clear DISPATCH 2 and OS 2 are BOTH PHASE 2 WITH FULLTIME ENCRYPTION. I use a pro 197 , pro 106 , pro 18 , pro 668 , Uniden 996P2, Uniden 436, Uniden 536, Whistler TRX-1 and Whistler TRX-2

Gatorman

Thank You

So, I guess I need to program my PRO-106. Are the Arlington and THP HQ sites the best ones if I live in the city, inside 240? Any others? Anything I need to know in terms of programming?

Thanks and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
When I travel the thp site is at the old thp site near I 40 and Whitten exit the Arlington site works good toward Covington. They should work good for you. Just import those 2 sites d4 disp 1 d4 ops1 west twra and all the inter ops law fire ems talk groups.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Be aware TWRA does run a good bit of Encryption, not full time thank goodness, and TDOT HELP is TDMA (Phase II). City of Memphis and Shelby County are still on the Legacy Motorola system, though in the next 2 years there is an very good chance they will be converting the system to P-25, and better than even odds to the TACN from the past talk from the Mayor and City Council.

Status
Not open for further replies.