MEMS in Conway on MAC 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspclay

MEMS on MAC-3

Does anyone know why MEMS in Conway is currently using MAC 3 for their normal everyday operations? They have been using it for at least the past 3 days

They have been on there for several months, although I'm not quite sure why except maybe their main dispatch channels for Pulaski and Lonoke Counties operate off the LRTS, maybe the LRTS is spotty in Faulkner county, That is just a guess, probably a lucky one. If they keep expanding into other counties, maybe they will go all AWIN!

WTRickman

Trunks

MEMS in Little Rock operates on the LR TRS, but in Conway proper (and Greenbrier), they operate on Conway's TRS - they have their own TGID on it. My guess is that they needed an AWIN TG to communicate on runs that are out of range os Conway's TRS, such as outer Faulkner County (Holland, Mt. Vernon, Enola, Mayflower)... - it would allow them to interop with both FCSO and Mayflower PD who operate AWIN TGs.

I've been meaning to add MAC3 to my TG list on my scanner, but haven't done it. I would imagine, however that when they communicate with Conway Regional hospital, they would still use the TGID on Conway's TRS dedicated for that purpose, or the statewide conventional Ambulance to ER frequency.

mbarnhard

Premium Subscriber
MEMS HQ/Dispatch is in LR - they use an at&t telco line between Dispatch and the Conway system. at&t made some changes a while back - and can't seem to keep the circuit working. So, any time the line is down, MEMS can't use the Conway system from LR so they have been using MAC3 for comm on all calls that would normally use the Conway system to talk to the MEMS comm center/dispatch. They should be on the Conway system, but if you don't find them using their regular TG, it is probably the at&t line is down again and you'll fine them on a MAC channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.