Menifee PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

657fe2

Premium Subscriber
Is the new Menifee PD 10-8 yet? I heard it was supposed to start July 1. New Chief says he wants to have open communications with community. At this point I would settle for a CAD system that lists traffic stops and the reason for the traffic stops like OC used to do. Heck of a time to start a new police department, Hopefully Menifee will hire the 65 soon to be laid off LA School Police officers.

HAPPY 4TH EVERYBODY

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Menifee PD did go live July 1! You are correct, everything I have read is that Chief Walsh wants open communication with the community. I am not sure that he can do anything about his talkgroups on the PSEC system being encrypted, however as open as he seems to be to community involvement and transparency, it has had me wondering how he feels about encryption.

I was able to look inside one of their squads and saw their radio. It had MNFE PD3 set as the primary at the time, and above it in smaller letters was MNFE PD1, which I assume was also being monitored in the background. This was when they were doing parades around town to talk to citizens, so it appeared that they were using MNFE PD3 for the event. I would love to know how they have their radios programmed, however at the moment this appears to only reveal the two talkgroups and I assume their is a MNFE PD2 as well. I have no idea what the TGID's are on the PSEC system.

They are dispatched by Murrieta PD for anyone that may not be aware.

Attachments

• IMG_7518.jpg
    IMG_7518.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 44

brandon

Database Admin
Thanks for the picture. Nice grab!

Here are their PSEC talkgroups

575 - Ch 1 Dispatch (went live 7/1 - very busy now)
576 - Ch 2
577 - Ch 3 (used on 6/30 for the parades)

I also saw these showing up in the affiliations log. Unknown if they are PD or other Menifee city dept

Seems to follow Murrieta PD's talkgroup format, as expected with them being dispatch by Murrieta PD Comm Ctr.

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Brandon,

Thank you for the Menifee TGID's! I figured we would get them, but didn't think it would be this quick!

A couple of questions, if I may. Are you seeing any activity at all on 576 (Menifee PD 2)?

Also, I know that the RRDB shows the Mutual Aid TG's of 1137 to 1144 as in the clear. Do you ever hear anything on those?

Thanks again! Ed

brandon

Database Admin
Yep I have seen a little activity on 576.

1137 to 1144 yes they are clear but rarely ever used. ICS Law 2 was utilized more a few years ago by the STAR 9 air unit until they got their own dedicated "Air Call" talkgroup (TGID 110), so now ICS Law 2 is pretty quiet.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber

1137 to 1144 yes they are clear but rarely ever used. ICS Law 2 was utilized more a few years ago by the STAR 9 air unit until they got their own dedicated "Air Call" talkgroup (TGID 110), so now ICS Law 2 is pretty quiet.

is that Air Call tg encrypted?

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber

Thank you for the info, Brandon!

ScanFanEd

Premium Subscriber
Brandon, Menifee PD had a homicide and SWAT call out at about 0215 on 07/04/2020. By any chance did you detect any new Menifee talkgroups that may have triggered through the event?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.