Pro-668: Menu buttom Inop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtdog

Premium Subscriber
Had my 668 Updated to the Ws1080 through whistler. Worked fine for a week or so and now my menu button does not work. Anyone else had this problem or is it just me. I did a reformat and it still does not work. Any help would be appreciated.

curtdog

Premium Subscriber
I reinstalled the CPU and updated the DSP no change, also noticed the ATT is not working when I touch it either

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Try the control demo to see if it works via that, If not probably a hardware issue, I would attempt to disassemble,clean and reseat the ribbon cable for the keypad and if that doesn't work you can send it whistler for $120 or G&G communications in Leroy NY.

Swipesy

I have posted this several times over the past couple years. I highly recommend you do not open the case on these radios unless you are skilled at repair. These radios have very delicate pins in the face plate that must be inserted perfectly in the body plate when reassembling. If the wires crush or you misalign the pins you will have a major issue. Take it from the VOE. Call Gerry at G&G and talk to him about your issue.

curtdog

Premium Subscriber
I called whistler and they told me it could very well be a ribbon issue. He didn't believe it is a software problem at all. they never opened it up to do the upgrade, don't think I am going to spend any more money on this unit

Status
Not open for further replies.