Merced CHP Orange2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyGuard

I don't know if any one else is having this issue, but when I listen to Merced dispatch on Orange2, the signal comes in choppy. It almost sounds like they are keying and un-keying the mic while they are talking. Any thoughts on this. Btw CHP Silver out of Fresno comes in with out any issue.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
When I have the PL programed in for htem I do get this "chopping." This is on a PRO-197. When the tome is programed to scan, it locks on the the correct pl and does not chop up.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
I am presuming that you have a GRE made "Pro-197" or similar scanner? Maybe we found a new feature of the radio? :D

SCPD

QRT
I will turn off the tone squelch on my scanners as well. It is interesting that I only hear the dropping of the signal on the Bishop dispatch area frequencies. When I'm in Mojave I can listen to the L.A. dispatch Tan, the Bishop dispatch Gold and the Inland dispatch White and only the Gold drops out. I will disable the tone on the Gold and see what happens.

GrumpyGuard

I am presuming that you have a GRE made "Pro-197" or similar scanner? Maybe we found a new feature of the radio?
I have a Pro 106.

will turn off the tone squelch on my scanners as well. It is interesting that I only hear the dropping of the signal on the Bishop dispatch area frequencies. When I'm in Mojave I can listen to the L.A. dispatch Tan, the Bishop dispatch Gold and the Inland dispatch White and only the Gold drops out. I will disable the tone on the Gold and see what happens.
I don't have this problem with silver2 in Fresno or Pink in Hanford. I guess it's just one of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.