Mercer County, Pa. members

Status
Not open for further replies.

csv

Premium Subscriber
Mercer county members

have listened to Shenango Valley for years...........up to recent change by Hermitage was able to hear base and cars all around the county from here in Venango County...........

csv

Premium Subscriber
Mercer County

are there no people out there in Mercer County how have there 2 cents to add to this ....................

kirkwoodcr

Premium Subscriber
I'm Beaver County and I don't often frequent Mercer on my trips. I do often pickup Grove City outlets on the FRS/GMRS and some PD activity throughout the county.

J-tal

West Middlesex checking in.

For at least the last decade my scanners at home (and often at work) scan the local PDs. I also will put Youngstown onto liven things up.

csv

Premium Subscriber
what is going on in the valley................shooting in farrell the other night etc............have you heard anything on the scanners................

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
I am usually out of town so I don't get to pay much attention to what is going on in the area. I asked the wife and she said she wasn't listening either. When the the shooting and about what time did it happen. I would like to go back in my archives for my Live Feed and listen to the call. You can do the same thing if you open my feed and go to archives and locate it.
I do know that on Christmas Eve around noon or 12:30 the Sheriff had their little SWAT Team along with Sharon PD and Southwest Regional PD fixed on a house around Hamilton Ave and Union Ave. They were serving a search warrant on a subject that they believed was inside the residents. They came up with nothing, I don't think anyone was even home at the time. You can also hear this in my feed archives also. Happy Listening!

hunter_su

hello all, I have listened to a scanner just for fun for years. I have a son who is a police officer in Farrell so I dug out the scanner and started to listen more lately. The reception is not very good though. My son tells us nothing, so we listen to see whats going on. I just started researching how to listen on my pc. I feel like such a dummie I have a lot to learn. I'll keep reading you guys have a lot of info on this site. hunter sue

Hello Hunter...

I have a live feed that includes Southwest Regional Pd. If you want to check it out here is the address... Mercer County Sheriff, Police, Fire, EMS, and EMA Live Scanner Audio Feed
I live right next to the water tower that has their antenna on it. The feed is pretty damn good. I have it set up so you can listen to the county fire depts. on one speaker and the county police depts. on the other. If you only want to listen to the pd all ya have to do is mute out the other speaker.
Thanks for checking in! Feel free to ask questions.

hunter_su

Thank you for the reply. Those are the cities I want to listen to. Now the stupid questions.....to listen to that feed on our computer what do we do and how do we do it? We do get southwest regional on our scanner but between the bad reception and what they scramble we don't hear a lot.it. My son said they are going digital soon. He said every house he walks into there is a police scanner and it is on. I don't know what I will do when Southwest goes digital. Hermitage is already digital and we don't hear any thing from them. Any help is appreciated. hunter su in South Pymatuning

Not a problem...

Just chick on this link.... Mercer County Sheriff, Police, Fire, EMS, and EMA Live Scanner Audio Feed

That http;//www. should be blue and you should be able to left click on it and it should you you another page. On that page look for a speaker on the left side of the feed description and click on it. That should open up your media player and put you into the ballgame.

Your son is correct that SWR PD is going digital sometime soon. But when? I have been keeping tabs on Farrell within the FCC Database and as far as I can tell they have not even submitted and application for any type of license let alone any type of changes to their old ones.

Now Hermitage went digital and with total encryption. I can decode it with some software just as you can if you can pick up their signal. Living where you do you would be able to do it. If SWR PD goes in the same direction as Hermitage did I will decode it and it will be online for all to hear.

Ask you son for any and all info on the new radios they will be getting. Ask if he has seen them or knows anything about what they are going to be doing. Any and all info is good before they do anything. Try and stay on top of tgings if he will give up any info. If you want you can just send me a private message or and email if you have any info to throw my way. Let me know if you need any other help and I hope you can figure out how to listen to the feed. It is really easy to do. Good luck!

County info...

I was just checking out the FCC Database and looking at Southwest Regional PD. They updated their license back on 6/13/12 and it is good till 7/30/22. As of this time they are not asking to make any type of changes to the system. This means we as citizens are going to be able to still listen until a request is approved by the FCC for them to make any changes. So as of this time they are not going digital like Hermitage did 07/04/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.