Mercer County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

Has anybody programmed this system (P25) into a 396? I tried, but no way to input the band plan info.

Tried also to enter it as UHF plan, but no luck.

AM

DJ88

For the 396, program it as Motorola (MOT on the menu screen) and then P25. Then just program the frequencies and talk groups and it will work. You don't program any base frequencies, offset channels or spacing for a P25 Standard System in the 396. Manchester Twp. is the same type of system and I programmed it that way and it works fine. As a matter of fact, when you program a system as MOT P25 in the 396, there is nothing on the menu that will allow you to program the base, offset or spacing, so you really can't screw it up.

Last edited:

jamesk65

How about the pro-96? I just programmed it now and am hearing the CC quite well. The system id changes to three different titles,TO101, BEE00,SY1EA. Is this normal? I put the system as 9600 baud also, wasn't sure if it was 3600 or 9600. Recently i programmed the Manchester TRS in a friends scanner and that works great. I figured that the two systems were alike so i programmed them the same. Mercer county hasn't had any activity on it so i have no way of checking it as far as i know of. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

elias1988

Feed Provider
T0101 is the tower ID,BEE00 is the Wide Area Communications Network (WACN). just make sure that you have the tables programmed and it should work when it becomes active.If the control channel is active you can use the data/programming cable from radioshack and use Pro96com to read the control channel data for radio IDs and talkgroups.i do this with the Manchester system and it works great,check out the yahoo group for pro96com:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PRO96COM/

Last edited:

jamesk65

Thanks alot for the info. Yes, i put the multi tables in correctly i'm pretty sure. Thanks for the yahoo group also, it still boggles my mind what thes scanners can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.