Mercy air 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who dispatches mercy air 20? I been hearing them coming out of Fort Hunter Liggett i wonder if they are station there or just training there?

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Mercy Air 20

All Mercy air ships are dispatched by "LifeComm" in the midwest (Topeka, KS I think). They are dispatched by satellite radio communications in many areas, but in Southern California and Nevada they have radio channels that are linked to their dispatch, likely via phone line or over internet.

In SoCal, they can be heard on 131.675 and 155.22 (in the desert east and north of LA)
In Nevada, they can be heard on 453.875 on a repeater.

I know a pilot for Mercy, so I emailed him and will post his response once I get it regarding Mercy Air 20.

Thanks for the info guys. I just wanted to know some info on mercy air around here it's usually CAL star that covers this area.

I just heard Mercy air 20 doing radio checks on cmd 6 tone 4 witch is south Monterey county. I'm guessing they are going to be station in south Monterey county now due to how long it takes for cal star 5 and 7 to get to Big Sur,lockwood,highway 25 and highway 198 area.

cousinkix1953

I was checking the medivac listings the other day. The database listed the wrong frequency and the wrong PL tone for CAL-STAR in the area too. I go by what I hear almost daily on the correct channel.

866.5375 blue
867.5375 green*
868.3875 orange

I don't think Mercy would use any of the CMARS channels I think they may be dispatch from Fort Hunter Liggett that's what they been lifting off from.

backcountrymedic

Premium Subscriber
Mercy Air 20 is a private air ambulance service, contracted to the US Army at Fort Hunter Liggett. They are dispatched through Fort Hunter Liggett dispatch center. Through an arrangement with the military, Mercy Air 20 acts as a mutual aid county resource to Monterey County. Requests for service off-post are made through FireCom which are then relayed to Fort Hunter Liggett dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.