MERCY AIR - Orange Couny, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ertony

Hi guys...

I've searched all over this site for info regarding Mercy Air fequencies. I think I have *most* in my radio that i've found. However, I am curious of a few things...

In Orange Couny, CA....How is Mercy Air dispatched? We have our HUGE CCCS trunked public safey systme here. Are they dispatched on our "Aircall" talkgroup? Or do they use their own mercy air channel? Also...once dispatched, do the come up on our local fire talkgroups fo operations or stick to a specific frequency that our orange county fire can bring up on their radios? And third and lastly, Mercy Air to Hospital communication in Orange County....We use our 6A (OCC) talkgroup for paramedic assignments o base stations here in OC, but how does Mercy alk to base hospitals...Maybe cell phone?

Any info would be great!

Anthony, RN
Emergency Medicine

mark5388916

I've heard Cal-Fire RRU being told to contact Mercy Air on CALCORD for coordination on there arrival.

Mark

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Mercy is dispatched when a public safety agency calls their dispatch center, then the dispatch center enters the call in CAD, then once the computer selects the closest ship, the dispatch center calls the crew via Nextel, Satellite Communications (two way radio via satellite), on the base hotline phone, or via radio. In SoCal, the radio freqs are 131.675 AM or 155.22 (pL: 127.3). The 131 freq is generally for the ships in the LA/Orange County/San Diego County area, where 155 freq is used for Mojave, San Bernardino desert area. The actual dispatch center is in Kansas (I think), using remote transmitters and receivers and internet to send signal back to the Air Methods (AirComm) dispatch center which dispatches for most of the Air Methods ships in the U.S.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Hi Tony.

As far as on incidents is concerned,
They will usually come up on the incident talkgroup or on occasion, they will put them on an alternate talkgroup if there's too much other radio traffic.
AFAIK, the medical comms stay on the assigned Zone-6 talkgroup.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Mercy is dispatched when a public safety agency calls their dispatch center, then the dispatch center enters the call in CAD, then once the computer selects the closest ship, the dispatch center calls the crew via Nextel, Satellite Communications (two way radio via satellite), on the base hotline phone, or via radio. In SoCal, the radio freqs are 131.675 AM or 155.22 (pL: 127.3). The 131 freq is generally for the ships in the LA/Orange County/San Diego County area, where 155 freq is used for Mojave, San Bernardino desert area. The actual dispatch center is in Kansas (I think), using remote transmitters and receivers and internet to send signal back to the Air Methods (AirComm) dispatch center which dispatches for most of the Air Methods ships in the U.S.

The San Diego area ships are dispatched on the RCS.

Eng74

Anything in Kern County other than IFT for Mercy Air 14 is Dispatched through ECC on Kern 1. There are some areas that are auto launch due to time and distance. They will normally flight follow with ECC if they are staying in county or flying into Lancaster/Palmdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.