Mercyhealth REACT Helo (Rockford), Lifenet 3-1 Helo (McHenry)

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Can anyone confirm what the Mercyhealth REACT aeromedical helicopter is currently using for dispatch comms? There is a 5 watt 855.3125 repeater licensed at Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Hospital (Rockford) and listed in the Radio Reference database as REACT Helo dispatch, but if they're using 5 watts, that wouldn't be enough power to cover their operating area.

Also, still looking for the repeater frequency or talkgroup used by the Lifenet 3-1 helo based in McHenry. Both REACT and Lifenet are operated by Air Methods.

GTO_04

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm what the Mercyhealth REACT aeromedical helicopter is currently using for dispatch comms? There is a 5 watt 855.3125 repeater licensed at Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Hospital (Rockford) and listed in the Radio Reference database as REACT Helo dispatch, but if they're using 5 watts, that wouldn't be enough power to cover their operating area.

Also, still looking for the repeater frequency or talkgroup used by the Lifenet 3-1 helo based in McHenry. Both REACT and Lifenet are operated by Air Methods.
Could that be a repeater for in-building coverage? I agree 5 watts is not enough for wide area coverage.

GTO_04

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Could that be a repeater for in-building coverage? I agree 5 watts is not enough for wide area coverage.

GTO_04
That would seem to be the only thing that makes sense. Their hanger and pad are a block or so away from the hospital. They would still need something else for longer range comms. Last heard their "MD-1" program using STARCOM21 TG 3631, but have not heard the REACT helo using that talkgroup. I just heard pager tests for the "Rockton Avenue trauma team", "trauma surgeon" (MD-1 program? REACT helo crew?) and "Riverside respiratory" on 155.22 (127.3), so that may bear further attention.

Last edited: