Mercyhealth REACT Helo (Rockford), Lifenet 3-1 Helo (McHenry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Can anyone confirm what the Mercyhealth REACT aeromedical helicopter is currently using for dispatch comms? There is a 5 watt 855.3125 repeater licensed at Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Hospital (Rockford) and listed in the Radio Reference database as REACT Helo dispatch, but if they're using 5 watts, that wouldn't be enough power to cover their operating area.

Also, still looking for the repeater frequency or talkgroup used by the Lifenet 3-1 helo based in McHenry. Both REACT and Lifenet are operated by Air Methods.

GTO_04

Can anyone confirm what the Mercyhealth REACT aeromedical helicopter is currently using for dispatch comms? There is a 5 watt 855.3125 repeater licensed at Javon Bea Hospital - Rockton Hospital (Rockford) and listed in the Radio Reference database as REACT Helo dispatch, but if they're using 5 watts, that wouldn't be enough power to cover their operating area.

Also, still looking for the repeater frequency or talkgroup used by the Lifenet 3-1 helo based in McHenry. Both REACT and Lifenet are operated by Air Methods.

Could that be a repeater for in-building coverage? I agree 5 watts is not enough for wide area coverage.

GTO_04

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Could that be a repeater for in-building coverage? I agree 5 watts is not enough for wide area coverage.

GTO_04
That would seem to be the only thing that makes sense. Their hanger and pad are a block or so away from the hospital. They would still need something else for longer range comms. Last heard their "MD-1" program using STARCOM21 TG 3631, but have not heard the REACT helo using that talkgroup. I just heard pager tests for the "Rockton Avenue trauma team", "trauma surgeon" (MD-1 program? REACT helo crew?) and "Riverside respiratory" on 155.22 (127.3), so that may bear further attention.

Last edited:

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I have just discovered and confirmed the LifeNet 3-1 aeromedical helo (based in McHenry) working Air Com (the Air Methods dispatch center in Omaha) on STARCOM21 TG 34830. This appears to be their dispatch talkgroup.

Mystery solved!!!

Chicago2210

I have just discovered and confirmed the LifeNet 3-1 aeromedical helo (based in McHenry) working Air Com (the Air Methods dispatch center in Omaha) on STARCOM21 TG 34830. This appears to be their dispatch talkgroup.

Mystery solved!!!
Phase I or phase II

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Hmm... Omaha... guessing Omaha, IL if on StarCom... not Omaha, Nebraska... that would seem to be too far away. ;)

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Omaha, Nebraska. I'm guessing that Air Com might be accessing SC21 via an IP connection or something similar.

Air Methods dispatches Air Care in Iowa City and MedForce in the Quad-Cities the same way. There is a satellite svc called IRIS they use for AVLS and voice.

Betyblue

From a firefighter in ogle county, air methods wich(its compacated rmh bought now mercy blah blah react bought out) air methods dispatch center is in Omaha Nebraska. It's a centralized dispatch point you call react you get them .. I dont remember how often but being owned by air methods the pilots also have to go to denver 1 or 2 times a year for training

Betyblue

From a firefighter in ogle county, air methods wich(its compacated rmh bought now mercy blah blah react bought out) air methods dispatch center is in Omaha Nebraska. It's a centralized dispatch point you call react you get them .. I dont remember how often but being owned by air methods the pilots also have to go to denver 1 or 2 times a year for training
air methods dispatches out of ne, trains in denver

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Now to determine which repeater or system/talkgroup is used to dispatch REACT...

littona

Super Freq
Premium Subscriber
Allow me to clarify... AirCom (Air Methods Communications) is in Omaha NE. We connect to over 200 radio systems across the country via RoIP.
Rockford does use that 800MHz repeater. It's mainly for alerting the crew and local area coverage. Not the best, but it's the hospital's license and repeater.
LifeNet 3-1 (McHenry) is on UHF, StarCom and Wiscom.
We have several repeaters in use around the state. All of our aircraft have Iridium satellite phones as part of their SkyConnect package. Those can be used if they are out of range of a repeater, which happens a lot of times if they land in a low spot and lose line-of-sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.